Be nice. Or else.
Front End Developer Joined about 2 years ago
Theres no need to be so condescending, adjust your tone.
Clearly the failure lies with their marketing team if they haven't been able to communicate the value of their product effectively to their target audience.
Looks like split testing. The query string
?landing=dbv2 toggles it.
I highly recommend Spectrum if you're on a Mac. It doesn't quite have phrases but it comes close with a bunch of user submitted schemes that are appropriately titled.
I had to crack open Dev tools just to make sure it was intentional lol. Pretty fun idea.
The best way to get anyone to check out the content you want is to put it in a fake folder called "DO NOT DEPLOY".
Great job - impressive speed. Just one piece of feedback - the blue background really starts to hurt my eyes after a while.
Yeah, that was a poor attempt at humour.
"It's the Uber for the medical marijuana industry."
False advertising, that's actually a fantastic business idea.
It looks good! Nice and clean. A few things -
1) I would prefer a constant search input at the top. I like being able to see the page I'm browsing while searching.
2) Animations - some of the animations seem superfluous. eg. the colour palette animation is distracting and I'm not sure what purpose it serves.
3) Consider splitting the copy in your login modal to two lines.
4) You have a couple of PHP errors on your submit a site page
5) "Submitted on: 7 days ago" doesn't make much sense, maybe "Submitted 7 days ago"
Great Job, have a feeling I'll be visiting this site often!
To answer your question - I'm a coder first and a designer as a distant second. I know enough to design something that looks good but I can't achieve the excellent results of some of my colleagues without taking double the time.
I think a far more interesting question, and one that has been completely unexplored is should designers code.
I still go to their site to reread their case studies every few months, especially the Medium one. Very few agencies have been able to communicate their thought processes with such humility and clarity. I wanted to work there some day :(
Be nice. Or else.
Designer News is a large, global community of people working or interested in design and technology.