Be nice. Or else.
Gothenburg / London UI Designer Joined almost 4 years ago
The main font (Sofia Pro) renders very poorly at 16px and below on my Cinema Display and MacBook Retina screens. Looks crisp otherwise!
Hoping for Sketch import.
I'm also a bit worried. Last 2-3 months I've been having more and more troubles with InVision; syncing artboards from Sketch > InVision mainly. I hope they'll work on the performance prior to releasing a software that is great but possibly not smooth (based on current InVision products).
Thanks for capturing and sharing, Jonny
I only got the hero section, then it was all blank for me. I could scroll all the way til' the footer with just blank space inbetween.
Sidenote but interesting to see the different file sizes for the same thing. Can't remember last time I used Photoshop for web design, but I would suppose file sizes increase time to open/edit/work in the files depending on file size(?)
For Photoshop iOS 11 (665.0 MB)
For Sketch iOS 11 (38.5 MB)
For Adobe XD iOS 11 (7.7 MB)
HeyDesigner & Offscreen ...and my local grocery shop. Been on a mission to slim it down.
I'd hire a web designer to get that sorted. There's a lot of stuff that can be improved here so you would benefit of hiring one and let them sort it all. Example: text is very big on first landing, and a bit too much text, and stretched out - which in combination makes it hard to read.
Looks like a mobile only approach; easy to scan and read on mobile, but on my desktop, it's not really optimised for a wide-screen.
Thank you again Thomas for all these tips and recommendations. I've followed up some, some I'm still working on. Understand you're not perhaps interested in follow-up but just wanted to drop by my updates anyhow :)!
• Added alt on images
• Added a sitemap.xml and a robots.txt
• Replaced one image that was text, but the big one on "about" I still have problems since the div with card+text goes underneath the profile image, something I'm working on.
• I've used < h1 > to < h6 > just to make them go in different font-sizes, I might need to change this later but have to create a system that differens than when there's a title
• I'm trying to locate all the CSS I've used from the foundations.css template and insert into my own css-file to limit the css amounts. I've removed 2 CSS-files and now only use two (from previously 4). Removed about 800 lines of code.
• I've searched and replaced the @import that I could find
• Updated so that it said Roboto|Lato instead of two urls to each font family. Then realised I don't need Roboto so removed it altogether and only using Lato.
• I can't find why jquery is loaded twice, but if I remove the jquery from the far bottom, jquery doesn't load for me at all. I believe it's the import of the Newsletter section that loads jquery but can't figure out how/why
• Next project I'm doing is based on SCSS, I'm getting into it now, will look into if I can redo this into SCSS when I feel more secure about it.
Be nice. Or else.
Designer News is a large, global community of people working or interested in design and technology.