- When There is No Template, Writing on Pixar’s INSIDE OUT Feb 10, 2016
- Corner: Booking flights on your phone. Great color and motion. Sep 11, 2015
- Autodesk Hires Facebook's Director of Product Design Aug 24, 2015
- New Logo for Facebook done In-house with Eric Olson (Under Consideration) Jul 01, 2015
- Spotify Update: Podcasts, Video, Running, Now May 20, 2015
- Layers: A new design conference for the Mac + iOS community (SF, June 8-10, 2015) Apr 30, 2015
- Spotify Introduces Touch Preview for iOS Jan 22, 2015
- Three new weights for Source Serif Dec 11, 2014
- Photoshop for Design Jun 13, 2014
- Analog Onboarding (Phone) May 14, 2014
G is familiar Source: Google Authenticator
There's also a setting for "Tilting Device Makes Things Worse" Brilliant.
A little small but nice transform animations for items in the right click menu.
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
Design is a Job by Mike Monteiro is really wonderful. Also anything in Frank Chimero's Library.
Really nice. Reminds me of some of the reasons I love Arbutus Slab. https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Arbutus+Slab
"One size fits wall."
Been passing messages in Hillvetica all day. This tool generates an image from a string: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/04/14/create-your-own-hillary-clinton-slogan-using-her-h-typeface/
Mailbox for OS X had an awesome approach to their beta system. Your friend would send you a betacoin and you would deposit it into a tin can to install (made the sound of a coin falling into a tin can!). Mix of clever and cute. Visuals: http://michaelnordmeyer.com/mailbox-mac-os-x-beta/
Agreed. This could have been really enticing as the main feature of the Fire Phone.
What typeface is that? Edit: discussion here: https://news.layervault.com/stories/33105-discuss-new-typography-used-in-the-apple-watch
Draplin Design Co. He collects all sorts of old ephemera and manuals and distills them into his work. Americana through and through.
I think it uses variable touch sizing, an API released with iOS8 that hadn't been available before. Clever.
Oh that Mac Pro icon.
I like how the hero image changes to show the app in an iPhone when you get past the mobile breakpoint. Nice!
"We design the product launch keynotes so that the big reveal of the product happens around 40 minutes into the presentation. When the big image of the product appears on screen, we want the time shown to be close to the actual time on the audience's watches. But we know we won't hit...
Ardley's Hand (http://thfonts.com/ardleys-hand/) was recommended to me by a friend. Has worked great for coach marks for me in the past.
That switch in the top right is fantastic.
Love the way you did the quotes.
Just completely derailed a meeting.
Nice! I get around this with my keyboard / history. Tapping f+enter opens FB etc. It might be neat to open whole groups, if I get home from work I can tap the "Read" group and have the five links within the group open up as tabs.
With a URL like that it better be! I'll definitely try it out. Thanks for the tip.
Their clipping bookmarklet has everything I wish Evernote Web Clipper had (my current solution). Being able to select things while on the page and throw them in different folders seems much faster with Icebergs. Really nice. Can't wait for this.
Holy crap are these numbers real? This "people behind you" ticker is nuts. Congrats guys. Patiently waiting.
Edit: This song is even better http://open.spotify.com/track/5tcSRn3uiyV2GmKPW4rz85
Music seems to go really well with this. Currently listening to the outro of: http://open.spotify.com/track/5GPwTaoQuvrciIaAkNRYzQ Skip to 7:53 and watch.
I accidentally hit a letter on the keyboard and it started a search. This is brilliant. Does anyone know what this sort of search/activation is called or how it's done? Rebrand wise I really like it. Amazing what they did within the confines of the color palette.
Also: note cool little animation upon clicking "Contents"
Wowowow! This is beautiful.
I was also thinking the exact thing! The only difference was, I'd propose instead of remembering the numbers 4 and 10, you could double tap on a filter while it's on the image, and the rest will slightly fade out in the list. That way you can swipe through the list and notice that Amaro...
I like the simple interaction. Introducing the huge button and allowing the user to fix it and figure it out is really clever.
Absolutely. Our HR Benefits portal has this awful login where you have to choose "type" of login (by employee id or social security no.), input that, then input a alphanumericcharacter password that I can never seem to remember. It has never taken me less than 3 tries to get in. Par...
It might be nice to include link detection in the comments section (so a link is automatically active instead of just plain text). And yes, a way to see what I've upvoted.
Woops! Accidentally pressed down (thought it would cycle to another message). Then I saw this. Sorry Marian!
- What's new today in Photoshop CC – Latest Updates Dec 01, 2015
- Adobe Project Comet Oct 05, 2015
- Khoi Vinh Joins Adobe Aug 25, 2015
- Flinto for Mac Aug 24, 2015
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games Emblems Jul 24, 2015
- DN 2.0 Status Report: A More Spacious Stories Layout and More Jul 20, 2015
- Show DN: One App for Web – Read HN, DN, PH, Reddit... All in One App Jul 10, 2015
- Say Hello to Designer News 2.0 Jul 02, 2015
- Artboards in Photoshop Jun 10, 2015
- Product Comparison Layout & Effect May 26, 2015
- All the Ridiculous Adjectives Jony Ive Used to Describe the Apple Watch Apr 23, 2015
- com.google Apr 01, 2015
- Learn Git, interactively Mar 24, 2015
- backdrop-filter property in CSS Feb 17, 2015
- Designer Trading Cards - MailChimp Feb 13, 2015
- Motion Blur in HTML Elements (Experiment) Feb 12, 2015
- The flags of 5 countries are 'hidden' in the flag of Norway. Norwegian Airlines used this to good effect and came up with this clever print ad to promote their low airfares. Jan 29, 2015
- Scroll Slow. Have Fun. Jan 08, 2015
- YotaPhone :: Dual screen phone is here Dec 04, 2014
- Tindddle – Tinder for Dribbble Nov 25, 2014
- An Interview with Seth Shaw, a member of the Photoshop XD Team Nov 04, 2014
- From DN: Photoshop wish list Oct 11, 2014
- Squarespace Seven Oct 07, 2014
- Adobe Shape CC, Capture shapes with your iPhone and save them as vectors Oct 07, 2014
- Steve Jobs and Mike Matas Testing Photo Booth (2005) Oct 04, 2014
- Working at Dropbox Sep 26, 2014
- Why we decided to take a pay cut—Treehouse Sep 26, 2014
- Post-it® Plus Sep 26, 2014
- Dropbox Guide Sep 26, 2014
- XKCD - Pixels Sep 03, 2014
- Control Center gets a new look in iOS 8 beta 4 Jul 21, 2014
- Google Cardboard Jun 25, 2014
- Burger King's wi-fi logo is also a burger Jun 23, 2014
- Peek - iOS Tool Jun 22, 2014
- Licon - Icons with Pure CSS3 Jun 20, 2014
- Yo App Hacked By College Students Jun 20, 2014
- Adobe Line Jun 18, 2014
- Adobe Ink & Slide Review: The iPad stylus grows up Jun 18, 2014
- Sneak peek of new tool for designing complex interactions and animations Jun 02, 2014
- Notifyr iOS notification with BLE May 20, 2014
- Das Referenz: Wikipedia viewer for iPad May 19, 2014
- CSS-Tricks—Inline SVG vs Icon Fonts Apr 22, 2014
- Dynamic buttons for Sketch.app Mar 04, 2014
- SVG Drawing Animation Dec 30, 2013
- Fluidbox — Replicating and improving Medium's lightbox module Dec 28, 2013
- How Spotify Builds Products Dec 27, 2013
- December DN Meetups in the SF Area Nov 14, 2013
- DN gets search Oct 14, 2013
- Dear Designer Aug 21, 2013
- Why is there such a short supply of designers in Silicon Valley right now? Aug 01, 2013
- Stocksy Stock Photos - an artist owned co-op with a curated royalty-free collection Mar 27, 2013
- Tri Me: Low Poly Web Cam Capture Mar 18, 2013
- Announcing the Flat Design Conference Mar 05, 2013
- Hartmut Esslinger - Advice For Designers Feb 28, 2013
- Photoshop Touch for iPhones and Android phones Feb 27, 2013
- Links - All Your Websites In One Place Feb 26, 2013
- Windows of New York — Illustrated Blog by José Guizar Feb 09, 2013
- Show DN: System Lens - Simpler task and resource management for your Mac. Feb 07, 2013
- Page Layers - Converts web screenshots to editable PSDs Feb 02, 2013
- A Tumblr UI Upgrade, Years in the Making Jan 28, 2013
- What's new: Updated UI, Realtime, Comment Upvoting Jan 27, 2013
- Flat Designers Anonymous Jan 23, 2013
- The New LayerVault Jan 22, 2013
- Dear Instagram Jan 22, 2013
- Strokes in Photoshop CS6 Jan 20, 2013
- Organizing Mobile Navigation Based on Information-Seeking Behavior Jan 16, 2013
- UX Is Not UI Jan 13, 2013
- Design Tip: Never Use Black Jan 10, 2013
- Pull To Create Jan 09, 2013
- William Peng: "Pretty Design Isn't Always Effective Design" Jan 08, 2013
- Pentagram redesigns NYC’s parking signs so that they actually make sense Jan 07, 2013
- Batch: A Suite of Over 300 Icons for Free by Adam Whitcroft Jan 03, 2013
- Easy Product Shots Jan 02, 2013
- In Search of the Perfect Radius Jan 02, 2013
- Creativity is Like a Slot Machine Jan 02, 2013