- Saved.io - Just add saved.io/ before any URL to save a bookmark to the cloud Jan 03, 2014
- John Maeda — With Moore’s Law receding, design is how we decide Nov 11, 2013
- Tetris & The Power Of CSS Nov 11, 2013
- Beautiful Typography Project from Eden Spiekermann Nov 06, 2013
- LayerVault launches LayerVault Enterprise and new site Nov 05, 2013
- On Using Browser Viewports to Understand Screens Nov 05, 2013
- Creating Non-Rectangular Layouts with CSS Shapes Nov 05, 2013
- Which CSS Measurements To Use When Nov 05, 2013
- Interactive Video Intro to Flexbox Nov 05, 2013
- Using SVGs in your web app Nov 04, 2013
- Concept: A Stick-On Speaker That Uses Your Windows To Silence Noises Outside Nov 04, 2013
- (by)Build Shop Nov 03, 2013
- The 4 Levels of UX Design Nov 03, 2013
- How white noise affects UX Nov 03, 2013
- Introducing Pizza, Our Responsive Pie Charts Nov 03, 2013
- Explore relative sizes Nov 02, 2013
- Type News: Undead Again Nov 01, 2013
- Announcing Overshare — A soup-to-nuts sharing library for iOS Oct 31, 2013
- How to launch a validated idea Oct 28, 2013
- Fontello: The Past and Future of the Icon Font Service Oct 28, 2013
- Untouchable Oct 26, 2013
- Stereoscopic CSS Oct 23, 2013
- Art Directed Articles. Still a Good Idea? Oct 21, 2013
- "Product design should do so much more than encourage consumption" Oct 20, 2013
- Yves Béhar And Jawbone CEO Hosain Rahman On Why Air Travel Needs A Redesign Oct 20, 2013
- Pixelmator announces Pixelmator 3.0 Oct 18, 2013
- App Design Served — Concept: Skype Redesign for iOS7 Oct 18, 2013
- iOS 7 and the Iconography of ‘Alien’ Oct 17, 2013
- Required reading: Designing Men Oct 15, 2013
- Developing for iOS 7 Oct 14, 2013
- What Will It Take To Actually Build The Hyperloop? Oct 13, 2013
- Site Design: Martina Sperl Oct 12, 2013
- One way Google could beat Apple: better ways for developers to make money on apps Oct 12, 2013
- Ask DN: iPad 5 compared to iPad 4 Oct 11, 2013
- Dig responsive design? Hate fluid grids? Try a Frameless grid. Oct 11, 2013
- Will I really steal your idea? Oct 07, 2013
- Dustin Curtis: 5s Sep 21, 2013
- Do as Little as Possible Sep 16, 2013
- Why Lego Design Principles Don't Work On Smartphones Sep 16, 2013
- Random Glyph Sep 12, 2013
- Too Much to Afford Sep 08, 2013
- Basiliq Aug 26, 2013
- UI Anti Pattern: Website Loading Bars Aug 26, 2013
- Site design: Heroku Redesign Jul 20, 2013
- How To (Really) Get The Word Out About Your Startup Jul 20, 2013
- "Why do all of your websites look the same?" Jul 20, 2013
- Day in the Life at Path: Jenny Ji Jul 14, 2013
- What Does Feature Creep Look Like? Jul 14, 2013
- The Little, Big Idea Jun 24, 2013
- Popular UIs: Heroku, GitHub, Designer News, Apple, Facebook Jun 17, 2013
- These Men Are Behind The Successful Design Of Vogue, Mashable, And The Verge Jun 16, 2013
- Why I Let My Students Cheat On Their Game Theory Exam May 25, 2013
- Typography from Autodidakt.se May 20, 2013
- Links to Inspire Apr 05, 2013
- Extraordinarily Radical Redesign Strategies Apr 02, 2013
- Bring Back The Sitemap? Mar 14, 2013
- No to NoUI Mar 13, 2013
- One Size Fits None Mar 11, 2013
- The Startup Legitimizer Mar 07, 2013
- Invention is slow Mar 01, 2013
- The Mobile Boilerplate Feb 25, 2013
- What start up culture really means Feb 21, 2013
- Hacker Talks: Curated video-lists worth geeking out about Feb 19, 2013
- Principles of User Interface Design Feb 19, 2013
- How Nest’s Control Freaks Reinvented the Thermostat Feb 16, 2013
- Dieter Rams in conversation with Deyan Sudjic Feb 15, 2013
- Web Fonts I Look Forward To Using Feb 14, 2013
- Case study: Massive redesign of kadavy.net Feb 12, 2013
- Mailbox UX: How Mailbox Builds User Love Feb 11, 2013
- Sustainable Digital Ecosystems Jan 09, 2013
- An impressive 3D bookcase made with CSS Jan 08, 2013
- A collection CSS hex color values for major brands Jan 07, 2013
- Design principles of the UK Government Jan 07, 2013
- Fonts in use Jan 03, 2013
- Ceaser: An Super-Handy CSS Easing Tool Jan 03, 2013
C/C+ See me after class
Elepath make great app videos.
Can we get it at 8PM in our time zone?
And for tomorrow's post: I can't find my car keys
Design in 2013, as interpreted by Martians.
Piece by piece until the behemoth buys you.
Remember when twitter used some golden ratio stuff on their site? That was fun, and also somewhat unusable.
I'm sure there were similar pieces about how the internet is just a fad, and just for nerds. This guy and his shitty article will fade into obscurity.
It's great and these guys should be proud. The mix of flat glyph and textured illustrations/buttons is nice. I don't have any issue with that, I actually found it to be really slick. Stripe is one of those companies you can't help but admire. I hope they take over the world. Good jo...
Keep up the good work!
Yeah, who needs people?
Shame on them for trying to profit from their hard work.
I thought simultaneously: "Fascinating approach to branding a browser" and "This is a disaster." I am curious what the thought process behind this approach was.
This is awful. Mods, please sink it.
F-I has done some remarkable stuff in the past but they've been producing some highly polished turds lately. They missed the mark with both the Wacom and that travel site concept. Maybe it's due to employee turnover, but this isn't the thoughtful and high-quality work I've come to...
http://www.lottanieminen.com/ http://gavinpotenza.com/ http://www.skiphursh.com/ http://dribbble.com/lazutina http://ericrmortensen.com/
Uh... Mods? I've got a cleanup on page 1.
I did... I mean, this doesn't really add anything new to the discussion beyond the original LayerVault "Flat Design Era" post or any of the fallout thereafter... It really has been beaten to death.
Another post about flat design..... Can we have DN auto delete these? No offense to you Damian, you've just written the 8000th commentary on the subject.
Bad thing? Aw shucks, I can't make my copy of a copy of someone else's work validate.
Whoa. That's some incredible data.
Cool idea. Also, semi-related to "Tim Smith Will Teach You Design": http://www.dansmithguitar.com/i//Dan_Smith_Guitar_Flyer.jpg
I cringed my way through the entire blog post and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.
This entire thing is highly suspicious but, that aside, you've just lost all credibility.
As in, things other than the product. The classic example of this is the dating website. There are 10,000 services for dating, yet designers/developers are constantly saying "Dating websites suck, let's build a better one". 99% fail hard, and the reason isn't because of the pr...
You guys did a brilliant job. Is there some way to change your pointer to make it clearer that you can drag that top hero gallery?
Looks attractive, but I am (and I'm guessing the rest of the world) is so incredibly burnt out on these kinds of app. There are so many hard technology problems out there, why are we still making things like this? Allan likes to bring up this point regularly, and it describes this perfectly:...
Prevue is a good little tool. Red Pen looks nice too, but don't bash the others to promote your own thing! Especially when it's not very different... There's Prevue, Influenceapp, Notable, CageApp, Notism, Designsignoff, Noteboxapp, Discuss.io, and now RedPen. They all do the same th...
Wow. Is this real? I can't find the shots on dribbble.
It's not the aesthetic that anyone is talking about... It was the art direction and some of the page components (header + font + line art + etc). Looks like Wistia has change things since yesterday, which makes it look less like LayerVault.
It's like a bizarro Layervault.com
Installed. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
This is really impressive work and I'm going to be spending a lot of time with these case studies. They do a great job of explaining how creative and thoughtful T+L are, but they're also great to read as someone trying to improve his own process.
Er... I doubt it... I don't think there's a company that's doing this right yet.
Github issues is more than enough for us.
I think in the next 2 years. Some time after iOS 7 maybe.
That is one nice setup.
Nothing special in that pencil case. A very heavy pencil, a bunch of lead, and some colored pens. All from the Muji store down the street. I do like the Thunderbold/Retina sandwich setup I have here, though :)
"Let the influencers achieve credibility" Do you mean showing their rank or karma? Kelly actually has some interesting ideas about how ranking that's a little more useful than straight-up karma.
An icon for the iOS homescreen would be great!
This is incredible!