- Wikipedia Redesign Concept Apr 28, 2014
- Do Readers Really Prefer Parallax Web Design? Dec 20, 2013
- Lego Calendar syncs with Google Calendar Oct 01, 2013
- John Cleese on Creativity Apr 15, 2013
- Seeking inspiration? Apr 15, 2013
- Kissing Boo Boos Apr 09, 2013
- Obvious: PNG is now more popular than GIF Jan 31, 2013
- DN discussing HN's discussion of DN on HN Jan 21, 2013
- Contrast Rebellion Jan 17, 2013
- Tap as fast as you can! Jan 11, 2013
+1 for Overcast :o)
I tried Wunderlist for a while but was realy only using it with another iphone user. Found the native reminders to be the easiest to use for sharing to-dos for my purpose. Might try it again if I have a major project with multiple people and different devices.
Frank, How do you reset when you get stuck? Thanks, Matt
Some nice pointers in this. Reminded me of this article/animated gif: http://darkhorseanalytics.com/blog/data-looks-better-naked/
A great article that helps explain why many "redesigns" are fluff: http://signalvnoise.com/posts/3740-reading-the-difference
Great idea. How better to represent your skills than a site like this?
it's decent on windows. interesting work-around to security issues.
San Diego, CA, United States :o)
Well done haha
Ouch. Most evident if you just look at them compared to the icons in the dock. You will never un-see this.
Really cool illustration. Using an animated GIF no less. Minimal advice delivered in a minimal medium :o)
I agree. It's all about setting expectations and doing what's appropriate in the situation.
Guilty as charged haha
"I'll have to fix that at a later date."
Slow down the rotation please :ob
I liked the new multi-tasking interaction. Swipe left/right to move through them. Swipe up to get rid of one. Weird that they didn't carry it over to Safari... would have thought they would keep it consistent.
Great idea :o)
Wow. As a Type 1 diabetic, I'm glad to see something that not only looks good, but seems to address many of the pain points (no pun intended) in entering data several times a day.
Cool and simple. Good work.
Yowzer, but awesome :ob
on second thought, I'll pay for it haha
all gone... more codes? please :o)
It's a nice sentiment, but making it standards compliant would be a better move. Making errors easier to find doesn't necessarily make them less annoying to deal with lol.
Would like to dig in a little more about how subscriptions would be set up/implemented.
Nice. Sounds like it's battle-tested as well.
Frameworks (and the engineers/designers behind them) are making this closer to reality every day. Great article :o)
I did find the horizontal sections a little awkward to get to, but beautiful layout overall.
view source for more laughs
Nice. Take a look at http://www.calworthington.com/ for another gem.
Nice to see some design events in San Diego :o) Is $700 worth it?
I've been waiting to see a more distraction-free, browser-based text editor. There are plenty of native apps that go after this issue, but this is the first browser-based contender I've seen. Great job!
Pinterest seems to get it right as far as vertical rectangles, but even that can get arduous at times... Did a little poking around and this is a post by the same guy behind masonry: http://vanilla-masonry.desandro.com/
How about DN? :ob
Well thought out post (and good looking too). I've had some similar ideas floating around for a while now and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one :o) It seems like there is a lot of backlash lately against media (ie. videos, sound, images), but I believe that these things can be in...
Not strictly a designer position, but Craiglist is hiring: http://www.craigslist.org/about/craigslist_is_hiring#wd
always need to be balanced with the message over at http://contrastrebellion.com/ :o) Great article!
woah. congrats to Khoi and the others and Etsy. Interested to see how this goes :o)
I've seen something similar to this, but using an "inbox" (closing bracket rotated 90 degrees left) with an up arrow for importing/opening and down arrow for saving. Tried to find an example but can't seem to at the moment.
doh, meant https://news.layervault.com/stories/614-designer-news-discussing-hacker-news-discussion-of-designer-news-on-hacker-news
more inception: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5092660
This will be some good weekend reading. Read through the retail section and it was really interesting.
Great throwback to a classic SVN article. Great reminder. In the same vein as http://37signals.com/svn/posts/3404-reminder-design-is-still-about-words :o)
Enjoying the course a lot BTW!
Sorry to Wells for all the madness brought on over on HN. I thought it would be a good place to share, but didn't realize it would take off like that. Went on vacation right after and came back to madness and a crazy karma count :o)
You just blew my mind a little. Solid article.
Nothing like constraints to challenge a company to come up with a better solution rather than only a better-looking solution :o)
Wow, that's really neat. I wonder what their process was for creating it...
- Ask DN: What are your favorite resource compilation sites? Dec 29, 2014
- Look, No Hands Dec 28, 2014
- Ask DN: What are your favourite sites for getting inspiration? Sep 01, 2014
- Plain Pattern - SVG-based seamless pattern maker. Sep 01, 2014
- MediaTemple.net is taking their hamburger icon very serious Sep 01, 2014
- Control Center gets a new look in iOS 8 beta 4 Jul 21, 2014
- Calendar Hacks Jul 21, 2014
- Hidden from Google Jul 11, 2014
- New Wunderlist App Jul 10, 2014
- Wunderlist 3 — Our best piece yet Jul 10, 2014
- Super Pixel Quest Jul 07, 2014
- Ask DN: What physical products have impressed you lately? Jun 30, 2014
- Only Apple Jun 16, 2014
- AMA: I'm Frank Chimero—a designer, writer, speaker, and picturemaker person. I just started a design studio named Another. Etc etc etc. Jun 16, 2014
- iOS 8: New Features — Unannounced changes and improvements to iOS 8 Jun 16, 2014
- Why do we cater for IE9 visitors (3%) but not for people with disabilities (14%)? Jun 16, 2014
- Designing Products for Existing Behaviors—Khoi Vinh Jun 13, 2014
- Why Most People's Charts & Graphs Look Like Crap Jun 13, 2014
- Clickhole – The Onion's Buzzfeed Parody Site Jun 12, 2014
- The History of Apple.com's Nav Bar Made with CSS Jun 12, 2014
- Name #663399 "beccapurple" in CSS4 Color Jun 12, 2014
- Daring Fireball: The Talk Show: Ep. 83: Live From WWDC 2014, With Marco Arment, Casey Liss, John Siracusa, and Scott Simpson Jun 09, 2014
- Show DN: Bounce.js – A tool for generating tasty CSS3 animations Jun 09, 2014
- GitHub adds "PSD Viewing & Diffing" Jun 05, 2014
- Card—make your credit card form better in one line of code Jun 04, 2014
- Drew Wilson's OffOf Jun 04, 2014
- : Ͱ͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉Ͱ͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉ه҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈̿҈Ͱ҈̟҈̟҈̟҈̟҈̟҈̟҈̟҈̟҈̟҈Ͱ҉̅҉̅҉̅҉̅҉̅Ͱ͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉͟҉͟ May 01, 2014
- Wikipedia redesign Apr 28, 2014
- Tomorrow's @UseClear update brings reminders Apr 28, 2014
- Show DN: Just the List - beautiful and functional wedding planning Apr 04, 2014
- Geo for Bootstrap, a Timeless Theme by Divshot Mar 06, 2014
- Site Design: A software engineer's website Mar 06, 2014
- Show DN: Delete.im Mar 04, 2014
- MobileDN 1.2 update – Full DN integration for iOS Mar 04, 2014
- Atom - A hackable text editor for the 21st Century by GitHub Feb 26, 2014
- Users don’t hate change. They hate you. Feb 26, 2014
- Clever interaction on Basecamp's Sign Up page Feb 06, 2014
- Wanker.js from Mig Reyes Feb 03, 2014
- Package Redesign, The Rapid Packing Container Dec 26, 2013
- Human-Readable Type Dec 24, 2013
- Faded - All-in-one photo editing iPhone app Dec 19, 2013
- The missing iPad app for Instagram Dec 19, 2013
- Open Salaries At Buffer Dec 19, 2013
- This is a Website - Jeffrey Zeldman Dec 11, 2013
- MailChimp - Pattern Library Nov 06, 2013
- WTFCSS Nov 06, 2013
- A Lego Calendar that syncs with Google Calendar Oct 01, 2013
- Better Than Kittens Oct 01, 2013
- Where in the world are you based? Oct 01, 2013
- Hipster CEO for iPhone — A startup simulation game that will put your entrepreneurial skills to the test Sep 30, 2013
- Non-centered home page indicators in iPhone OS 3 — iOS 7 Sep 27, 2013
- Animated gif showing how less is more Sep 16, 2013
- Introducing POP: Popular links from your Twitter feed – directly to your status bar Aug 26, 2013
- Parallax.js Aug 26, 2013
- Random User Generator Aug 21, 2013
- Really great responsive web typography. Aug 20, 2013
- Product: Forebruary is a wall calendar that you do not need to replace every year Aug 01, 2013
- Hot Malm (NSFW) Aug 01, 2013
- The Startup Scenester Jul 31, 2013
- Developer excuses Jul 29, 2013
- Web-Based Wedding Invite Jul 18, 2013
- Logic Pro X released by Apple Jul 16, 2013
- Authentic Design Jul 16, 2013
- Should I use a carousel? Jul 10, 2013
- Save yourself from a $5/month business Jul 01, 2013
- How A Journalist Turned Developer Built A Startup From Scratch For $6,000 Jul 01, 2013
- Good Weather - Half Weather App, Half Game May 09, 2013
- Clear for iOS free via Starbucks app May 09, 2013
- fartscroll.js May 09, 2013
- Guess where you are in the world. May 09, 2013
- generatedpaper.com: free printable papers for the daily use Apr 11, 2013
- Fuze Tea Motion Piece by Widen & Kennedy London Apr 11, 2013
- Ask DN: Nice analytics that does it's job Apr 11, 2013
- Hack Your Maps Apr 09, 2013
- Moot Apr 09, 2013
- My small scrobble cover art app Mar 18, 2013
- First-person Tetris Mar 17, 2013
- Designing A Better Mobile Checkout Process Mar 15, 2013
- Flat UI: a free HTML user interface kit based on Bootstrap Mar 04, 2013
- Anchor CMS — Super simple, lightweight blog system. Mar 04, 2013
- Ask DN: As a designer what iOS apps do you use daily? Mar 01, 2013
- Fitness SF gets replaced with embarrassing message from the web designer. Feb 14, 2013
- The Big Caption Jan 30, 2013
- Nested Jan 30, 2013
- 2014 Corvette C7 Site Jan 30, 2013
- Space Jam Jan 30, 2013
- Designers Will Code Jan 30, 2013
- The new 7-Eleven rebranding for Sweeden Jan 29, 2013
- ValioCon 2013 - A Design & Development Conference Jan 29, 2013
- This is ZenPen Jan 29, 2013
- Redesign: A List Apart Jan 25, 2013
- The Magazine Experience on the Web Jan 25, 2013
- No more squares Jan 25, 2013
- Mixel has been acquired by Etsy Jan 22, 2013
- Design Tip: Never Use Black Jan 22, 2013
- I <3 This Community Jan 22, 2013
- So you think you can tell Arial from Helvetica? Jan 22, 2013
- Show DN: My favorite Chrome extensions. Jan 21, 2013
- Designer News on Hacker News Jan 21, 2013
- Most Contagious 2012 Jan 18, 2013
- It just doesn't matter. Jan 18, 2013
- Things users don't care about Jan 17, 2013
- Ask DN: How are you designing for the Web on a Retina MBP? Jan 17, 2013
- New Branding: American Airlines Jan 17, 2013
- Collection of data visualization tools Jan 14, 2013
- Why a form can be the worst UX example ever Jan 14, 2013
- Hack Design - An easy to follow design course for programmers Jan 11, 2013
- Designing For The Empty States Jan 11, 2013
- All PSD attachments from Dribbble in one place Jan 11, 2013
- New Things: Auto-linking Jan 11, 2013
- Kickstarter's Team Page Jan 11, 2013