- Neue Haas Unica Apr 07, 2015
- Tijd, clean watch faces for the Apple Watch Oct 28, 2014
- Backbone.Modal makes modals awesome Aug 26, 2013
- Binory makes everyone an artist Feb 26, 2013
- Nifty TmTheme editor Feb 22, 2013
- Dribbble, Evolving our community guidelines Jan 23, 2013
- Retina for web workflow Jan 23, 2013
- Gibbon, simple social learning one step at a time Jan 21, 2013
- Where do you find inspiration? Jan 13, 2013
Neue Haas Unica is Monotype’s revival of a typeface that has attained almost mythical status in the type community. Unica® was an attempt to create the ultimate sans-serif – a hybrid of Helvetica, Univers and Akzidenz Grotesk.
I'd love to hear your initial thoughts on this. I'm also open for collaborations.
And this is news... why?
I'm not speaking from a freelancers perspective and the work should always speak for itself, no matter if you're at an agency, start-up, big company or freelancing.
I'd say write it yourself if you know how to. Twitter Bootstrap is an overkill for one page.
This: "innate pressure to have to do everything at once (and be amazing at it)" is a little thing called passion and ambition. I don't really get your point either.
I couldn't disagree more. Especially when you're doing design for more than a few years you need to have a portfolio you've designed and preferably coded yourself. Choosing for services like Cargo and Squarespace feels like an easy way out. Show that you've got the skills to make...
Haha, this is great :)
Too bad people pay attention to dumb blog posts like this, including me.
On that note, if you need help, add me on Skype; mpdegraaf.
To be brutally honest. It's so simple that it has no identity whatsoever and the Jim Carrey avatar only makes it worse. It's your personal site, it should look and feel like that. Give it some love, life and identity. To me this looks like a free Wordpress template right now.
I've been using the Magic Mouse for a few years now and really like it. Took some time to get used to it but being able to do gestures and the simplicity really make it a delight to use.
I always go for 0.8 or 0.5 fineliners (any artsy fartsy brand will do), Edding 1500 markers and the Dot Grid Book. Awesome combination!
If the blog is interesting enough people will read it and if you make awesome stuff people like, chances are they'll read your blog too. My feeling is you want to get noticed by other designers but writing blog posts isn't the best way to that (in my opinion). Show more of your design, n...
http://cl.mdgrf.me/NkEr The only time I get to see it is when logging in. Still badass though!
Self promo time! http://michieldegraaf.com/
Might work with @for too, need to try that :)
I'm sorry for the explicit language. Stuff like this simply makes me a bit angry ;).
If you need my help (http://portfolio.michieldegraaf.com/) send me an email.
Wrong. If you want to design or develop something you think is worthwhile, one sighted opinions like this don't mean shit. Not working on something not because it might be "the next big thing" or a "worthwile venture"? Seriously, fuck that. Craft something you think is co...
I'm here if you have any questions or remarks :).
I completely agree. Using DN as a promo tool for Dribbble makes no sense and defeats the purpose of both platforms.
Never tried it but Kirby does some interesting things. http://getkirby.com/
Sublime Text, HAML, Sass and compass, Coffee script, Terminal, Git, Slicy, iOS Simulator, Browserstack, ImageOptim, Kaleidoscope
Looks pretty! Insta-request-invite.
Interesting move. Opera is responsible for introducing a great bunch of features to web browsing as we know it. Perhaps they might become more competitive.
Yep. Death Row. And proven innocent and released after 20 years. Cool site though, the only thing that bothers me is the font rendering.
I'm left handed but operate my mouse with my right hand. This is where the problem with a Wacom for me begins. Because I use my house right handed my left hand is trained in operating the keyboard, doing shortcuts, holding certain keys, all that jazz. I simply can't work with a Wacom cau...
These are great illustrations for sure, but a lot of them a just bad icons in my opinion.
Awesome update! Keep them coming.
I have but was experiencing the same thing, really crappy subpixel rendering from certain browsers. Having two separate, pixel perfect images still works best in my opinion. Simurai wrote an interesting post about this: http://simurai.com/post/19895985870/icon-sharpness-limbo
This is the dumbest thing I've seen in quite a while.
https://news.layervault.com/stories/373-where-do-you-find-inspiration Also, posting a link to a question on a different service that can be asked here kind of defeats the purpose of DN.
Hearing Aaron talk about design always gets me excited. His obsession is super interesting and inspiring.
I used for a while too. It's down a lot (from 12-30-2012 to 01-02-2013) and very, very slow at times. My site was down for two hours last thursday after Smashing Magazine tweeted about a blog post of mine. And got no response from them. I quickly changed the IP of my DNS record back and am ...
Clickable links in comments. Looks awesome so far, keep it up!
No offence, but you might be asking the wrong people for feedback. I'd always like to get feedback from a few people I know pretty well. It helps a lot if someone points out a flaw in your design or doesn't really like something, explains why and suggests a solution.
I prefer my own theme, have been using and modifying it for a couple of years. Check it out: http://cl.mdgrf.me/M5PK
- Site Design: iFixit Aug 06, 2013
- Homemade portfolio or hosted service? Jul 27, 2013
- Angry SVG Whale Jul 15, 2013
- Amazing Dribbblers Jul 10, 2013
- Re-Designed my site: Simple is hard. May 25, 2013
- Designers: Magic mouse or magic trackpad? May 25, 2013
- Announcing Framer 2: Now with Photoshop Integration May 16, 2013
- Flinto is iOS prototyping made simple, and insanely fast. Just launched today! Apr 25, 2013
- Ask DN: Nice pens for sketching Apr 17, 2013
- Facebook Home prototyped in Quartz Composer - Tutorial Apr 16, 2013
- The Future of @graafdemichiel Apr 02, 2013
- Ask DN: Best Design Blogs? Mar 17, 2013
- Build a Designer Version of Google Reader? Mar 14, 2013
- Animations with SASS and @while Mar 14, 2013
- Ask DN: IRC Channel? Mar 12, 2013
- Ask DN: Can we ban Dribbble links from DN? Please. Mar 10, 2013
- Ask DN: Favorite Frontend Development Tools? Feb 18, 2013
- Bridge: "Building a New Startup Path for Designers" Feb 14, 2013
- Opera Moves to Webkit Feb 13, 2013
- My Life in 20 Years Feb 13, 2013
- Introducing Readmill for iPhone Feb 06, 2013
- A Tumblr UI Upgrade, Years in the Making Jan 28, 2013
- What's new: Updated UI, Realtime, Comment Upvoting Jan 27, 2013
- 15 Years of Apple’s Homepage Jan 23, 2013
- Ask DN: Where do you get fonts? Jan 18, 2013
- Karma mobile hotspot: Share Wi-Fi. Earn Free Data. Jan 17, 2013
- Awkward - We launch ideas Jan 16, 2013
- Rdio launching Vdio, a new TV/Movie service! Jan 16, 2013
- Great Design is Great Writing Jan 14, 2013
- Ask DN: What startups have the best branding? Jan 14, 2013
- Good Design Jan 14, 2013
- Form Follows Function: A collection of HTML5 experiements Jan 11, 2013
- Delicious.com relaunched Jan 11, 2013
- Rebrand Your ‘Hood for Good Jan 11, 2013
- Try out your installed fonts in the browser Jan 11, 2013
- The ABC's of Architects Jan 11, 2013
- Photoshop flexibility, creating non-destructive PSD's Jan 11, 2013
- ZURB Acquires Forrst Jan 10, 2013
- Fading Dividers with CSS3 Jan 10, 2013
- Ask DN: What's the best Sublime Text color scheme? Jan 10, 2013
- Ask DN: Want to make a visualization? Jan 10, 2013
- Twistedfork Jan 10, 2013
- A few things I learned from redesigning and redeveloping siteInspire Jan 10, 2013
- Two new things: More invites and the MOTD. Jan 10, 2013