- Expounder: hide text behind a link Mar 31, 2016
- Have you practiced Design Sprints? Mar 08, 2016
- Massimo Vignelli, 1931-2014 May 27, 2014
- So Good at Movie Piracy, It’s Scary Mar 11, 2014
- Open Source Design in practice Mar 10, 2014
- Content 2.0 Mar 06, 2014
- Is your grandma bored? Make her learn web design! Feb 13, 2014
- The Happiness Folder Feb 05, 2014
- Unofficial App Story Redesign Jan 30, 2014
- Site Design: Kiddo, Software for Parents. Jan 29, 2014
- Site Design: Big Cartel 2013 Recap Jan 20, 2014
- Update (from H&Co): Tobias is a liar Jan 17, 2014
- Drawar is back Jan 15, 2014
- BirdBnB Dec 18, 2013
- Trent Walton on CSS Zen Garden Nov 26, 2013
- Building Ghost Part II Nov 06, 2013
- An interesting conversation about pattern libraries Oct 30, 2013
- Creative Market meets Dropbox Oct 30, 2013
- Internetland: An Art Show Oct 30, 2013
- Tale of a Top Ten App: Part I Jul 04, 2013
- MadEye: Remote part coding Jul 04, 2013
- People in photos Jan 18, 2013
- Never design an arrow again Jan 18, 2013
- Responsive Tools Jan 15, 2013
- 29 new inspiring responsive designs on the web Jan 15, 2013
- A blog showcasing Vignelli Design Jan 11, 2013
- <main> has landed in HTML Jan 11, 2013
- Who Says the Web is Just for Squares? Jan 11, 2013
- In which sandbox should I play? Jan 09, 2013
- MySpace After Five Bourbons Jan 09, 2013
- Design for continuous experimentation Jan 09, 2013
- Andy Budd thoughts about designers Jan 08, 2013
- Flexible foundations Jan 08, 2013
- The exceptionally handsome dashboard framework Jan 08, 2013
- Svbtle funding Jan 08, 2013
- Fab 2011 Timeline Jan 07, 2013
- A new Site Inspire Jan 07, 2013
- Make the perfect portfolio Jan 07, 2013
- Progressive jpegs: A new best practice Jan 04, 2013
- The Beauty of Constrains Jan 04, 2013
- All you need to know about CSS Transitions Jan 03, 2013
- Dive into CSS Flexbox Jan 03, 2013
- CSS Masking Jan 03, 2013
- Interesting free font based on A. M. Cassandre Jan 02, 2013
- Top 5 Website UX Trends of 2012 Jan 02, 2013
- Beautiful Google Web Type Jan 02, 2013
Cool product! I think I'm gonna add it to Produnt Hunt tomorrow, letting you know just in case...
Can we ban Medium?
It definitely is. Thanks for the notice!
Medium should start charging whoever wants to write about Dribbble. Business model, Ev!
They seriously need to realign the mission of their site, aesthetics are just fine.
Would you mind giving me one? mbavio at gmail. Thanks!
Yeah, it makes sense. They could also pay for future updates, something only given to "supporters". That tip was for free, next one you can pay me what you want. ;)
Looks neat! Also, I find business model you have chosen an interesting experiment, do you expect people to pay after they have read the course?
Just signed up, now I just need an invite! User: mbavio
Sean, looks like a nice product with great potential, hope you don't mind that I post it on Product Hunt: http://www.producthunt.com/posts/mixely
Perfect idea. Thanks for proposing yourself as the sender.
Not presented like that. At all.
Dude, you are the CEO of Dragdis. Figure it out.
His "Unigrid" is one of those masterpieces that really inspires you to work hard and try to be a better designer. http://www.aisleone.net/2010/design/massimo-vignellis-unigrid-system/ Thank you, Massimo. You will be remembered for a long long time.
"I'm an unicorn"
Cordoba, Argentina, baby.
Good work, I like what you have done!
Well, my plan here is to not have a regular list view at all. You already have this website for doing that. :D But yes, randomness is on my mind. I'm imagining that it could randomly show top stories, not in any particular order.
Thanks for the comment! What do you mean? :D
Feel free to comment whenever you want, even if Dribbble doesn't even show me new comments in red (as happens with Likes), I'm trying to pay attention to it!
Robin, you are more than welcome to totally destroy my design in here. http://dribbble.com/shots/1498357-Designer-News-Deck I'm looking for conversation, not likes.
My shot, DN Deck. http://dribbble.com/shots/1498357-Designer-News-Deck https://layervault.com/martin-bavio/DN%20Deck It follows the card principle (https://medium.com/design-ui-and-shenanigans/1a4d5703b4b), just one article on screen, swipe left to discard, swipe right to upvote + save in your ...
Totally unfair to compare. You can build a pretty decent site in WP for free, with users management and all the fanciness. That can't be done with Craft, you need $300 to get that.
It's all open source, so you can contribute yourself or open an issue to suggest this feature. https://github.com/popcorn-time/popcorn-app
Yes, I know the product itself is not legal right now, but it's mind-blowing that the community is getting together from all over the world and designing a common product. For me at least, it's a new paradigm that haven't seen successfully implemented before.
Content first FTW.
Stop. Writing. About. Dribbble. Please.
Sure thing, Kelly. Thanks!
I started using it an hour ago, I'm noticing that the screenshot that gets saved into LV doesn't have accurate fonts. Any idea?
To all of those who have performance problems, you should definitely move to the Beta version. I used to had these same problems and since I've moved to Beta, most of them are really gone. Try it out.
Yes, I would be interested. Would be also nice to invite other designers so they can also share how they are using Sketch.
Wrong. They're from Argentina.
I've used Photoshop for the last 10 years. 2 months ago, I decided to give it a shot at Sketch. Never opened Photoshop again. Yes, you are right, Those are MY facts. But some of them I'm sure will become general facts pretty soon. Which ones? Font rendering is way more similar to the b...
With facts. Design a simple user interface on Photoshop, and then do it on Sketch. If he doesn't recognize the potential, then you have the wrong kind of boss.
Wow, I did not see this coming. Sad sad news, it was a really great product for writing in a collaborative way.
Not sarcastic at all, Rik. I really think everybody could (and should) learn to design websites. The title was a shot at trying to get viewers, since I really think this kind of events has a lot of potential. Cheers.
I see what you mean, Headlinr & Product Hunt are similar, but different on how the content is created. You can email me at mbavio on gmail if you have an spare invitation, thanks!
This is crazy enough to have potential. Internet is nuts, you know.
This has potential. Can I change animation speed?
I dig this idea. If you can find a balance between mature/experienced people and those newcomers that don't have experience but will change the world, then you will have a killer product on there. By the way, seems like Headlinr should merge with Product Hunt, have you thought about it? EDI...
So you left in the worst way you could ever chose, and then you come back pointing fingers at one of the most successful companies of all times? And all that because you couldn't handle a j*erk boss? With a daughter at home? Man, I wish you all the luck in the world getting a new job.
At the begining it's all good. Problem starts when you realize your friend is not good enough and you have to let him go. Way harder to do it than with a stranger.
Yeah, sorry, I should have searched before. Also made a typo in the title. Can any admin just delete this post? Thanks.
Then the problem is that a product like svbtle should be bootstrapped from the beginning. But I guess Mr. Curtis had other financial ideas for it.
It would be a killer movie if it only lasts 5 minutes. You know, a minimal movie about minimalism.
To be humble.
For me svbtle was never about how it looked. It was about the great staff of writers that they have. That‘s gonna be ruined in a month, as much. Not a great decision, imho.
Pay extra attention to what happens when an user belongs to a team. Very clever. Can't say I expected less from @simplebits.
I feel like this is a great idea. http://designshack.net/gallery/all/all/all/all/6840/ That's the last page on DesignShack, starting from 2005. Anybody else? Would like to go even further on the past.
Stunning work. Been a fan of Artsy visual language for a while, keep throwing the ball out of the park!
When it comes to beautiful and effective e-commerce, nothing beats Everlane.
Or maybe it just shows that nobody is using Rdio on the browser and most of its users are mobile-based?
We need a movie. Fast.
Well, no. The old Drawar was nothing like DN. And if this resurrection is 50% of what it was back in 2012, then I'm sure you will end up signing up. :D
Lol. I felt the same when I clicked on the post link, was waiting for words based on solid facts, and instead I faced Will Ferrell. Design theory at its core.
Great news, thanks man!
Justin, I just read the Place Pins article, stunning work, man! It would be great if you could do some AMA in Designer News, I’m sure I would have a couple of questions for you!
Women. And drugs. And rock & roll. Oh, wait, that was my dream job, the one I suck at. And that’s why I’m a designer.
Rdio meets the Dark Side.
If somebody here knows Curtis personally, I would recommend to send him this book: http://www.amazon.com/Design-For-The-Real-World/dp/0897331532 He needs more real-world experience. Urgently.
I know, it has its usability issues. But damn, that constructivist style is so good.
Hey Wilson, huge fan of your work here, I can’t believe I'm asking something to you, but here I am, thanks Designers News! So I have two questions: If you have to recommend 3 books that have inspired the way you design, which one would they be? How was it to work in the early times of Rdio...
Impressive product execution. Personally, I’ve been waiting for an app like this in order to curate my own mind.
I know another one: it's called HTML+CSS.
I know, I know. Maybe reverse situation? :)
Great work, but... FUCK LONG SHADOW TREND.
You know what would be cool? Medium buying Vox Media. And then we can’t proclaim ourselves as web designers anymore.
Skillshare 25% off (coupon ’BLACKFRIDAY’): http://www.skillshare.com/classes/
Typofounderie 30% off: https://twitter.com/typofonderie/status/406419320823373824
Designmodo up to 40% off: http://designmodo.com/black-friday-2013/
Boston Theme 70% off: https://twitter.com/ignacioricci/status/406439593165471744
The Creative Market Black Friday Bundle: https://creativemarket.com/claim/appsumo
Product Designer at My Fonts? LET IT RAIN COUPONS. Kidding, man, congrats, that might be a great job to have!
Quoting a guy from Twitter, "his beef was with the ad agency until you stuck your copyright on his key art on facebook."
Ryan, that might help, but I feel like visually some questions could be lost given that they are on the same block. I could also be wrong, of course.
Cheapest answer of all times. YO.
What do you think about a slightly different layout for AMAs? I feel like that's one of the best ideas you’ve had here, but current design of a thread doesn’t feel prepared to support that type of content. Maybe separating each question/answer on it’s own white box?
I just love Trent’s aesthetic style, it's minimal but in a really smart way, it has the enough amount of visual elements in order to lead you through the design. Bravo.
Seems like it’s kind of a trend this last couple of years to say that in the future "magazines" will be written by anyone. Yeah, that might happen, what won’t happen is that their articles will be read by everyone. There’s a reason why journalism is a career. Anybody can write, not any...
So the simple action of having all your fonts in a single folder and selecting which one to activate is overrated and manual copy/paste on every project is the new standard? Yeah, sure.
Yeah, plus the barrier of needing Ruby is going out with the C port that Sass core has done. Seems like Sass is gonna win the race somehow...
I was about to ask the same. Just installed the trial, you can browse your fonts library, and nothing else. Meh.
Excellent idea, but I think 5 images might be a bit overwhelming. Maybe try with 3 images, since 3 is a Magic Number.
Reasons? @extend and Compass would be #1 and #2. Reason #3 would be that I learnt Sass first, and I'm lazy enough to not learn a tool that does exactly the same.
Great idea. Not so great words selection. PS: Now I need a Sass version of this.
Oh, I see. I was expecting something easier, like just showing my credit card to the website and call it done.
Swipe it where?
I want to marry VoxMedia.
Has anybody spent 30 minutes reading articles on Steven Bradley’s blog? So underrated, and full of gold articles about design. Fully recommend doing it, you will be 30 minutes design-wiser.
Well, now at least they are not trying to copy Svbtle anymore.
I've found some really interesting new typefaces with great launch discount on Creative Market.
Codrops hits the ball out of the park again. What an amazing site, one of the most underrated resources on the web community.
You should give Board app a shot. It's basically LittleSnapper on the web, on steroids. https://board.creonomy.com
Great work, Jonathan!
Great numbers you have there! I would also like to take a look at the numbers of your B version, where you actually do some design. I'm sure you are familiar with the concept of A/B testing, right? I have to say, I really like what you wrote. But to come here and declare it a big hit, just w...
But then what's the point of using Dribbble? I mean, if I dont care about likes, why wouldn't I just put my work on Behance or Cargo, or even my own portfolio? I mean, I dont see the sexyness of showing how I improve my skills in a reducted amount of pixels.
Justin on Foundation live: https://join.me/905-178-957
join.me even has comments on live, it's awesome being able to interact with the designer!
What an awesome idea, there should be a website to see designers in action at live.
I find this site amazing. The problems the guys have pointed out are valid, but since it's the personal page of an interactive product designer, it totally makes sense trying out new things and look for memorable effects. Way to go, Andrew!
Best DN question ever.
A W E S O M E .
AKA please waste 2 months of your life designing a custom solution that wont even work. Come on, man, stop telling what other should do, there is room for everybody here. If you hate Bootstrap, that's fine, I hate it too. But not for that I will be telling others that they should not use it.
It's a lazy web, you know? :)
Design by Nature, of Maggie Macnab, was my greatest found from 2012. An amazing and super inspiring book. http://www.designbynaturebook.com/
Interesting trend. I miss when everybody loved to customize it's own site as much as possible.
Wow. I smell a new trend. :P
I love what AirBnB does with text on photos (https://www.airbnb.com) where they've added a subtle gradient from transparent to black behind the text. Your page seems a bit different (you have text everywhere) but maybe you could re-arrange information somehow to have just logo on top and al...
We need a badge for "comment of the day". Right on this comment.
Yeah, those two are my main website inspiration, glad I'm not the only one. :)
Also, I would love to use this service as my default bookmark service for design amazing links. Can I somehow relate links that I like to my account?
Can I see the posts I've added and threads where I'm participating quickly?
Can I see the posts I've added and threads where I'm participating quickly?
Also, how nice is Presentate that allows you to create a presentation and the text for each slide!
Allan, Thanks for calling me a professional incompetent. :) If you read again what I wrote, I'm not bashing it just because it's a trend, I'm saying that it doesn't always work, and that people start using it just because it's a trend. And yeah, my sentiment is also exactly...
Explaining my rant: minimalism is great, used by the right hands. But used as a trend, like here, it can create so many usability problems that it actually ends up looking good but working really bad. Like New MySpace.
Is everybody going to copy Metro on 2013? I hate that modernism avant-garde is so trending topic right now... It looks so good, but used by everybody, starting to look like a fucking trend.
And let's not forget that syntax has already been changed 3 times, so it could keep changing... which sucks.
Dont forget to see this incredible video on the font page: http://www.cassannet.net/posters.html
Nice work by Mads! Also, and based on Cassandre's work, this Behance project is superb: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Exercises-in-Style/1511261
Yeah, it's a pain in the butt try to filter good fonts in there. But there are a couple of them that work good on screen, and they are free, so it's a great start for lean minds who are fed up of Georgia and Arial. :)
- Introducing React Storybook Apr 03, 2016
- Ask DN: Has anyone used Toptal as a developer? Mar 03, 2016
- The Svbtle Promise Feb 29, 2016
- Site Design: Auth0 - Identity made simple for developers Oct 06, 2015
- Meet Workflow by InVision Aug 12, 2015
- Site Design: Old Designer News Jul 02, 2015
- Great Font Combinations Jul 02, 2015
- Say Hello to Designer News 2.0 Jul 02, 2015
- Discover Small Gallery of very interesting Typefaces Jun 12, 2015
- Design Details Ep. 12 - Topsoil Decisions (feat. Ryan Sims) Mar 23, 2015
- Midnight.js lets you switch fixed headers on the fly Sep 26, 2014
- Motion Design for iOS by Mike Rundle Aug 26, 2014
- Master iOS Design Course Aug 06, 2014
- Airbnb Founder on Logo: "Go Ahead, Laugh All You Want" Jul 18, 2014
- Ask DN: Defining your personal brand Jul 18, 2014
- How apps are made Jul 02, 2014
- Design Elitism Jun 30, 2014
- Svpply sunset Jun 24, 2014
- NYT once again killing it with their info/visual based articles. Jun 24, 2014
- #663399 will officially be named 'rebeccapurple' in CSS 4 Jun 21, 2014
- Universal Typography (June 2014) Jun 20, 2014
- Yo App Hacked By College Students Jun 20, 2014
- People Invested $1 Million In An App That Just Says 'Yo' Jun 19, 2014
- Ask DN: Did anyone else get an email from Invision trying to get upvotes on Designer News Jun 18, 2014
- AMA: I'm Frank Chimero—a designer, writer, speaker, and picturemaker person. I just started a design studio named Another. Etc etc etc. Jun 16, 2014
- Ask Layervault: What about Progressive Reduction? Jun 13, 2014
- Aerolab´s Quality Criteria :) Jun 12, 2014
- Name #663399 "beccapurple" in CSS4 Color Jun 12, 2014
- Driving live web-app design from Sketch Jun 05, 2014
- Framer Generator Sketch Beta Jun 04, 2014
- R.I.P Massimo Vignelli May 27, 2014
- The Great Discontent: Ryan Sims May 27, 2014
- To Massimo Vignelli, from Designer News May 20, 2014
- Massimo Vignelli is very ill... May 09, 2014
- Popcorn Time 3 Official Preview Apr 29, 2014
- What does a Product Designer do? Apr 25, 2014
- Sketch plugin—generate dummy data such as avatars, names, photos, geo data Apr 24, 2014
- Designer Duds Apr 24, 2014
- Ask DN: Wordpress vs. Craft CMS Apr 23, 2014
- Designer News (♥) Statistics Apr 23, 2014
- Design+Code Giveaway Winners Apr 15, 2014
- Monotype Acquires Web Design Studio, Mark Boulton Design Apr 08, 2014
- Site Design: Keego Apr 07, 2014
- Ask DN: What do you think about Dribbble these days? Apr 06, 2014
- Design+Code Giveaway Apr 03, 2014
- Craft 2 realeased Apr 01, 2014
- iOS 7 GUI templates will ship inside of Sketch 3 Mar 31, 2014
- Content-out layout: the resources Mar 31, 2014
- Refills with Bourbon: Prepackaged patterns and components Mar 27, 2014
- Shine. Redefined. - Bohemian Coding Mar 21, 2014
- Keego: Everyone’s translator Mar 18, 2014
- Goodbye Popcorn Time Mar 14, 2014
- Sassmeister—prototype your SASS, Compass and LibSASS code Mar 13, 2014
- Show DN: kyleconrad.com Mar 12, 2014
- Device-Agnostic | Trent Walton Mar 10, 2014
- Ditch Photoshop. Design for the web using Sketch. Mar 10, 2014
- 1911: Grids From Typography Mar 10, 2014
- Sketch *really* is best Mar 10, 2014
- Vox Mar 09, 2014
- Site Design: Stripe Checkout Mar 05, 2014
- Ask DN: Style Guides and their Best Practices Mar 05, 2014
- The Best Typography-Based Sites of February 2014 Mar 05, 2014
- Khoi Vinh—The New Subtraction.com Mar 05, 2014
- I want to intern at Airbnb Mar 05, 2014
- Iconic: Icon System For The Modern Web Mar 05, 2014
- Dynamic buttons for Sketch.app Mar 04, 2014
- atomkit theme for Atom Feb 27, 2014
- The Best of Fonts In Use in 2013 Feb 27, 2014
- Using Sketch like a boss Feb 25, 2014
- Gibbon - playlists for learning design Feb 25, 2014
- Hello DN: Today's my first day here at LayerVault Feb 24, 2014
- I want to learn how to draw, what are the best resources? Feb 24, 2014
- Emulating devices with Chrome Feb 24, 2014
- Grid Style Sheets — CSS polyfills from the future Feb 21, 2014
- Sass Conf Videos Available Online Feb 20, 2014
- "Ask DN:" What is your design process? Feb 20, 2014
- Simon Sinek - The Golden Circle (People buy why you do it not what) Feb 20, 2014
- LayerVault Announces Sketch Page, Artboard, and Slice Support Feb 19, 2014
- Interested in a weekly Sketch screencast? Feb 17, 2014
- Popcorn Time! - Watch movies. Period. Feb 15, 2014
- Editorially shuts down May 30th Feb 13, 2014
- Crowdpilot Feb 13, 2014
- Show DN: ScrollReveal Feb 13, 2014
- An app for crowdsourcing conversations, I kid you not Feb 13, 2014
- Placeholdem Feb 13, 2014
- Poolside.fm Feb 13, 2014
- Screening Room for Ideas and Products? Feb 12, 2014
- Ask DN: Who's hiring? Feb 12, 2014
- I wanted to work at Apple really bad, and now not so much. Walking out on my dream job. Feb 11, 2014
- The Creative Team on Pinterest — curated pins about design, psychology, and writing. Feb 11, 2014
- Discover Sass & Compass Extensions Feb 10, 2014
- Design Details: Secret for iOS Feb 10, 2014
- Microinteractions: Designing with Details Feb 07, 2014
- Quartz Composer or framerjs? Feb 06, 2014
- Ask DN: Examples of band/artist websites? Feb 06, 2014
- Clever interaction on Basecamp's Sign Up page Feb 06, 2014
- Doing Responsive Typography Feb 06, 2014
- Site Design: Mike Kus Feb 05, 2014
- Elegant online publishing tool Feb 05, 2014
- Two big announcements from 37 Signals Feb 05, 2014
- The Great Discontent: TGD Takes the Leap Feb 04, 2014
- Spirit Feb 04, 2014
- A definitive guide to responsive text Feb 04, 2014
- Building an App for Yourself – A Case Study of Heed Feb 04, 2014
- The Designer's Guide to Design Articles Feb 04, 2014
- Introduction to Origami (Video) Feb 04, 2014
- Making Time for Side Projects Jan 30, 2014
- Skeptical Jan 30, 2014
- Design Team of One Jan 30, 2014
- Designers: build a simple iphone app in 3 days Jan 30, 2014
- Best use of app store screenshots ever Jan 30, 2014
- Working Nomads - Curated delivery of remote jobs Jan 29, 2014
- A Pattern Apart - A List Apart's pattern library Jan 29, 2014
- How I Work Remote Jan 28, 2014
- Svbtle: Open for everyone Jan 28, 2014
- Minimalism: A Documentary (Teaser) Jan 28, 2014
- The Great Discontent: Tim Van Damme Jan 28, 2014
- Uninformed Redesigns Jan 27, 2014
- Pinterest launches Interests, a new feature to help you discover pins for all of your interests Jan 27, 2014
- Dribbble now uses circular avatars Jan 27, 2014
- 12 Amazing Bootstrapped Companies Jan 27, 2014
- Ask DN : What is your daily rate ? Jan 27, 2014
- Ask DN: How do you collect Design Inspiration? Ember, Sparkbox, Pinterest, Dribbble or not at all? Jan 24, 2014
- Inspiration from the past Jan 23, 2014
- Jason Santa Maria — Discourse in web design Jan 22, 2014
- GitHub names Chris Wanstrath as CEO Jan 21, 2014
- The Verge — Inside the mind of a fanboy Jan 21, 2014
- Site Design: Artsy's 2013 Year in Review by the Numbers Jan 20, 2014
- Best Small E-commerce Sites Out There Jan 20, 2014
- Building The Industry Jan 17, 2014
- Building an open source Nest Jan 17, 2014
- Keep The Music Playing: Rdio is Now Free on the Web Jan 17, 2014
- Tobias Frere-Jones is suing Jonathan Hoefler, for being denied a 50% stake in their business. Jan 16, 2014
- Storehouse - Visual Storytelling Jan 16, 2014
- A more modern typographic scale for responsive design Jan 16, 2014
- Show DN: Ripple, group chat with people nearby Jan 15, 2014
- Official port of Bootstrap to Sass has been released Jan 14, 2014
- Site Design: Apple - Taking exploration to new depths Jan 12, 2014
- Design with Sketch Jan 10, 2014
- Show DN: Mobile DN, your free iOS companion for Designer News Jan 08, 2014
- Brad Smith departs from Virb... With one heck of a goodbye post. Jan 08, 2014
- OOCSS v OOSCSS Jan 06, 2014
- Your favorite Sketch Plugins Jan 05, 2014
- How to get the work you want Jan 02, 2014
- Really BIG type? Dec 26, 2013
- Show DN: A timeline-based keyframe editor for complex CSS animations Dec 26, 2013
- The Creative Team @ Pinterest Dec 19, 2013
- An Ode to Winamp, Ryan Sims Dec 18, 2013
- Writer Pro Dec 18, 2013
- Sketch Shortcuts — A list of Keyboard Shortcuts for Sketch App. Dec 18, 2013
- JS for Designers (@jsfordesigners) on Twitter Dec 18, 2013
- Ask DN: Why are you a designer? Dec 18, 2013
- Mapping Place Pins: A behind-the-scenes look at building products at Pinterest Dec 17, 2013
- Delivery 2.0 — A great way to present and share design work. Dec 17, 2013
- UI Kit is dead Dec 17, 2013
- Project Hubs: A Home Base for Design Projects Dec 17, 2013
- A collection of loading indicators animated with CSS Dec 16, 2013
- 166 Designers share their book lists, 1183 Books to explore Dec 16, 2013
- Fonts have feelings too: Why Medium makes you feel so damn good Dec 16, 2013
- Host a Personal API on Heroku Dec 16, 2013
- The Verge 50 Dec 12, 2013
- Tympanus: Progress Button Styles Dec 12, 2013
- A jQuery plugin for extracting dominant colors from images and applying it to its parent. Dec 12, 2013
- I compiled a list of books for designers. Dec 11, 2013
- Trent Walton: Work life Dec 11, 2013
- AMA: I'm Wilson Miner, I'm a designer at The Factory in San Francisco. Previously I've worked on Facebook, Rdio, EveryBlock and apple.com. Dec 10, 2013
- Site Launch: Gibbon – Playlists for Learning Dec 10, 2013
- Dear Ticketmaster, It is time to redesign the master of all tickets. Dec 09, 2013
- Isotope v2 beta Dec 09, 2013
- Loading Effects for Grid Items Dec 09, 2013
- A tiny vanilla JS lib that makes pretty much anything sort, search and filter-able. Dec 09, 2013
- Site Design: Huxtaburger Dec 09, 2013
- Ask DN: Are cover letters necessary to land a job? Dec 09, 2013
- Ask DN: How much time do you spend in wireframes before you move into visual design? Dec 06, 2013
- Markdawn Dec 06, 2013
- Headroom.js is a lightweight, high-performance JS widget that allows you to react to the user's scroll. Dec 06, 2013
- Best Tools to Build Your App Prototype in a Day Dec 06, 2013
- Visual storytelling on the web Dec 06, 2013
- Squarespace-like off-canvas push menu Dec 06, 2013
- My setup – CSS Wizardry – CSS, OOCSS, front-end architecture, performance and more, by Harry Roberts Dec 05, 2013
- The Politics of Design Dec 05, 2013
- Medium 1.0 — A New Storytelling Experience Dec 04, 2013
- 2013, A Review in Apps. Dec 03, 2013
- No girls allowed Dec 03, 2013
- Chat with Ryan Singer this Wednesday on Campfire Dec 02, 2013
- Salesforce1 style guide Dec 02, 2013
- Mac apps for web design that need a new home Dec 02, 2013
- Amazon Prime Air Dec 02, 2013
- The Best Black Friday Deals - Designers / Art / Etc Nov 29, 2013
- Best way to try web fonts LIVE before buying...? Nov 28, 2013
- Spike Lee responds to Juan Luis Garcia's letter Nov 28, 2013
- Dear Spike Lee Nov 27, 2013
- Working with Type in Photoshop Nov 27, 2013
- Quora: How do you get a job as a designer without going to design school? Nov 26, 2013
- Ember for iOS Nov 26, 2013
- The Soul of a Typeface Nov 26, 2013
- User onboarding Nov 26, 2013
- Tab Closed; Didn’t Read Nov 25, 2013
- Next Generation Email Nov 25, 2013
- A Framework for Building a Design Practice Nov 25, 2013
- Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards 2013 (Data Visualization) Nov 25, 2013
- Tumblr iOS animation with css Nov 21, 2013
- Introducing Place Pins, a new product from Pinterest for the explorer in all of us Nov 21, 2013
- Typeplate: A Typographic Starter Kit. Sass v1.1.2 Nov 21, 2013
- The Verge interviews Squarespace Nov 19, 2013
- VIDEO: Designing with Animation by Pasquale D'Silva Nov 19, 2013
- 7 Ways Beginners can Learn Ruby on Rails Nov 19, 2013
- Ask DN: How do you derive and maintain a color palette for your projects? Nov 19, 2013
- Site Design: Killing Kennedy Nov 18, 2013
- Process: Redesigning Techcrunch Nov 18, 2013
- WordPress Core Adopts Sass Nov 15, 2013
- Coin Nov 14, 2013
- Typeface vs. Font: Terminology Smackdown Nov 14, 2013
- Should Designers Code? Nov 14, 2013
- What are your favorite fonts to use for interface design? Nov 14, 2013
- AMA: I'm Luke Beard, I design at Elepath and I'm building Exposure. Previously I've worked on Buffer, Hipstamatic and WillCall. Nov 13, 2013
- Polygon's PS4 Review Nov 13, 2013
- Ask DN: Why rip off medium's design? It's not ok. Nov 07, 2013
- Telescope v0.7: Build your own DN! Nov 07, 2013
- Killer Responsive Layouts With CSS Regions Nov 06, 2013
- Animated SVG Icons Using Snap.svg Nov 05, 2013
- Ask DN: Favorite magazine/news site? Nov 01, 2013
- Show DN: PayPal Redesign Oct 31, 2013
- Medium-Style Page Transition — with HTML, CSS & JS Oct 30, 2013
- Art Directed Articles. Still a Good Idea? Oct 21, 2013
- Objects in Space — A style-guide for modular SASS development using SMACSS and BEM. Oct 21, 2013
- Ask DN: Your Workspace Oct 11, 2013
- Introducing "Boston": a premium responsive theme for Wordpress. Sep 02, 2013
- Hardworking Typefaces: What are some great web fonts for interfaces? Sep 02, 2013
- H&FJ Webfonts Released Jul 01, 2013
- Site Design: Jonathan Belton Portfolio Jun 26, 2013
- Site Design: Jeffrey Kam Portfolio May 16, 2013
- How to Win at Dribbble May 01, 2013
- Design Story Apr 09, 2013
- Transitional Interfaces Apr 09, 2013
- Show DN: I made my first Chrome extension, Intab Mar 19, 2013
- "Layers" UI Experiment Mar 04, 2013
- Facebook Goes Icon Alone Jan 15, 2013
- Ask DN: What startups have the best branding? Jan 14, 2013
- Sets Jan 11, 2013
- New Things: Auto-linking Jan 11, 2013
- Ask DN: Most inspiring design books? Jan 10, 2013
- Ask LVN: Text on photos - best approach? Jan 09, 2013
- Pull To Create Jan 09, 2013
- Built in London - A spiffing compendium of London's best startups Jan 07, 2013
- Download Adobe CS2 for free Jan 07, 2013
- Feature Requests: Let's talk about Designer News. Jan 04, 2013