- Who Made That Pantone Chip? - NYTimes.com Mar 02, 2013
- Phmral-Welcome to ephemeral blogging Feb 11, 2013
- Hessian Jan 31, 2013
- T.S.: OP002: For A Good Time Call Sagmeister Jan 19, 2013
- Blowjob CDs, racist pencils and bravery Jan 19, 2013
- Live from San Francisco: BBW Design 2013 - Businessweek Jan 14, 2013
- Disruptions: Design Is Driving Technology Forward Jan 13, 2013
- Hack Design | Wells Riley Jan 13, 2013
- Advice for designers who want to be founders Jan 11, 2013
- The UC Logo Controversy: How 54,000 people, the mainstream press, and virtually every designer got it wrong. Jan 06, 2013
- Max Themes Blog - ? If you see a UI walkthrough, they blew it Jan 02, 2013
- Andy Rutledge - The Design Lesson Jan 01, 2013
- Aral Balkan???Design is not veneer Dec 31, 2012
What is your portfolio looking like? Did you have any internships?
down votes this reply
Part of the update: "We are in the works to make more copies available as we speak—as soon as we can negotiate the extended print run, we will add more reward tiers. That includes domestic, EU, and ultimately worldwide."
Bingo. Of course some people won't get it. That is the nature of the beast, but then I'd argue they might not be the best clients. Another thing, a lot of designer think they have to take everyone willing to pay as a client. When in reality, we should be screening people for a good work...
A "reset" button for the pixel avatar and image header. It'd be nice to draw a new one, but not if I have to manually clear the grid. Thank you.
Cosign. Everyone needs to read Design Is A Job http://www.abookapart.com/products/design-is-a-job Being a designer is about problem solving. Working with clients is no different. Client management/building relationships is a separate skilled that needs to be learned. The ability to translat...
Amazon payment for whenever I do freelance.
Hi Bilal, I will tell you a shortened form of my story. I was artistic and creative during high school–invested in my art for 4 years but was encouraged to go to business school and had no idea one could pursue an artistic /design career. My parents encouraged me to go to business school. I...
This might be the most inspiring thing I have read in a while.
This is so CRINGEWORTHY. This is one of the first things I ever "designed" about 11 years ago with a pirated copy of Photoshop (a website made from slices). It was a halal cookie site for a friend. You should have seen the product page. You could click on each of the cookies to purchas...
A new long form blogging service that removes your content a week after its posted.
What are the others?
"On the other hand, if there is a designer here that hasn't created something that looked cool and then backwards justified it, then you are our new king."---Exactly And I think this is a point worth considering....
You can easily cannibalize the visual elements. The brand is a kit to be used altered in some or in part as the end user sees fit.
Now that I think about this a bit more this feels very much like buying a typeface....
Its interesting my gut reaction is to hate it because it goes against everything we think about how to build a brand, but I will spend some time with it before drawing a conclusion.
Hessian is a "brand in waiting" from Ben Pieratt, founder of Svpply. He's selling it for $18K. Thoughts on the idea of creating a pre-made brand?
We have several positions open at IDEO in the Boston studio. Some that might be relevant to this community: Digital Graphic Designer Creative Technologist Interns: Product Designer Graphic Design Interaction Design http://www.ideo.com/careers
I agreed with the comments regarding the color scheme. I disagree that designers are less intellectual than programmers.
One of the best analysis I have seen of this situation that addresses privilege and impact of sexual politics.
Totally agreed. The comments are way better than the actual article.
I wish Tim Hoover would accept the invite sent him and get on here and post some design news!
Nice concept, but not sold on the execution and it lacks polish.
Path Wander Branch
Follow along with live blogging from Bloomberg Businessweek Design conference
You should be proud. I remember when Branch was "A Round Table". You all have come very far with a great product.
Its cool to see my user number #15.
This is so kick ass. I found my node http://i.imgur.com/hEqv2.png
Love this concept. Makes quick scanning for filtering easier.
Twitter link on profile. Would like to be able to connect with some of these really smart people outside of DN.
Yes thanks for all of your hard work Kelly!
Hmmm I guess. I have been a bit bored with their stuff lately.
It does, but how is it different?
Type, Image, Message by Tom Wedell and Nancy Skolos
The Elements of Typographic Style by Robert Bringhurst
This is pretty cool. Thanks for all the hard work Allan.
How do we as designers balance exploration of new ideas in the public space when our explorations are continuously under assault by public opinion that pretty much never likes anything new?
Visual candy. Doesn't really move the conversation much. Doesn't really have a point of view other than to look good.
- Site Design: IDEO Apr 14, 2016
- AMA: Helena Price, Photographer + Creator of Techies Project Apr 12, 2016
- Men of DesignerNews Apr 07, 2016
- SF Panel Discussion - Diversity in Design and Tech Oct 25, 2015
- How does Invision's documentary "Design Disruptors" represent the design community when everyone featured is white? Oct 05, 2015
- A challenge to all DN users Nov 24, 2014
- AMA: I'm John Maeda, Design Partner @ Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) in Silicon Valley Nov 20, 2014
- United Pixel Workers is shutting down Nov 05, 2014
- Site Design: Impossible Bureau Oct 17, 2014
- Dear Adobe... Aug 22, 2014
- This is how bullshit grid is done Aug 22, 2014
- Design culture is a frozen shithole Aug 03, 2014
- Ask DN: How Big is the Designer News Community? Aug 01, 2014
- Affinity Designer Jul 31, 2014
- Results: DN Survey of Design Salaries 2014 Jul 24, 2014
- Show DN: Legoscript - Lettering a massive script out of Legos Jul 16, 2014
- Stop trashing clients on DN. Educate instead. Jul 13, 2014
- Post links on twitter that only people you mention can open Jul 11, 2014
- IDEO Shopping Cart Design Sprint (1999) Jul 07, 2014
- "New" Design Observer Jul 01, 2014
- New Y Combinator Website Jul 01, 2014
- Explainer video on explainer videos Mar 21, 2014
- Today is DN's First Birthday Dec 31, 2013
- Dear Ticketmaster, It is time to redesign the master of all tickets. Dec 09, 2013
- Show DN: I made my first Chrome extension, Intab Mar 19, 2013
- Since copywriting is interface design... Mar 13, 2013
- The Importance of Being Ruthless Mar 11, 2013
- Ask DN: How about Designer News notifications ? Mar 11, 2013
- Show DN Your Decade-Old Designs! Mar 11, 2013
- Ask DN: Can we ban Dribbble links from DN? Please. Mar 10, 2013
- The Story of Keep Calm and Carry On Mar 08, 2013
- The One Pixel Rule Mar 07, 2013
- Free printable dot paper Mar 07, 2013
- Mailappapp Mar 06, 2013
- A tool to test your HTML emails before sending them Mar 01, 2013
- Learning Rails made me a better designer Feb 22, 2013
- Fitness SF gets replaced with embarrassing message from the web designer. Feb 14, 2013
- An interview with Visual Idiot Feb 14, 2013
- Hessian — A brand for sale by Ben Pieratt Jan 31, 2013
- Design Process is a Myth Jan 17, 2013
- Airbnb CEO - Designers deserve respect like Engineers Jan 17, 2013
- Best of Quora 2010-2012 Book Download Jan 16, 2013
- Fraud Jan 16, 2013
- 10 Reasons Why 2013 Will Be The Year You Quit Your Job Jan 15, 2013
- Great Design is Great Writing Jan 14, 2013
- Yancey Strickler of Kickstarter at XOXO Festival (2012) Jan 14, 2013
- Visualizing Designer News Invites Jan 12, 2013
- Designing For The Empty States Jan 11, 2013
- New Things: Auto-linking Jan 11, 2013
- Delicious.com relaunched Jan 11, 2013
- How to design a better world - CNN.com Jan 10, 2013
- Download Adobe CS2 for free Jan 07, 2013