Is anyone here an active member of a Slack community that you pay for monthly / annually? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Is it providing you value?
No but if any Slack communities are interested in paying me to be a user they will find my rates very reasonable.
- I have a starter package of $150 a month which will get you a spam link to my work twice a week and 10 emoji reactions
- $300 a month will get you 5 comments a week and I'll throw in the spam links for free on top of these comments
- $1000 a month is our premium package, I will ensure daily all channels are read and comment up to 5 times a day I will also throw in posting a meme (1) for free
- For Slack channels on budget I do have a special offer of a lurker model for just $50 a month where I will register on your channel, post once in general to introduce myself and my work and you are free to tell as many people as you want that I am registered (as long as you keep up payments) but I wont contribute.
(1) - Additional memes will cost $10 per meme posted, OC memes custom to your channel start at $200
This is a thing that exists? Have any links?
Yes! Here are a few that I came across:
- Remote Workers - https://remotive.io/community/
- Travelers - https://join.nomadlist.com/
- Design Course + Slack Community: https://www.process-masterclass.com/
Personally I purchased an excellent course by Nguyen Le called "Process Masterclass". With the purchase of the course, you get access to a private community to share / collaborate / and ask questions in the industry or your thoughts as you progress through the course.
I'm a member of many non-paid slack communities and I'm not sure if I'd ever know the difference unless someone told me.
I'm a member of ecommtalk. I'm grandfathered to a free account, so I'm definitely getting value out of it.
I will wait for sale off day :)) https://jsonformatter-online.com