Hey DN, after 2 and a half years, I once again redesigned my website (that was actually the longest time one of my personal designs ever lastet).
I had multiple goals here:
- update the visuals, reflect how my personal design style developed in the last years
- completely refresh the portfolio section – almost every project I was showcasing got replaced by some more recent work I’ve done
- simpler contact page
- try out some fun technology: first time I’ve implemented PJAX and extensive image generation (for fully responsive images via srcset).
- give the mobile designs a bit more love, mobile first approach this time
- clean up my blog: deleted quite a few old articles that were not relevant anymore. Going to write some new articles about my process later this year.
I think it turned out pretty well, but I’d love to hear some other designers/devs opinions on it. Last time I received tons of really helpful feedback, thanks for that!
For reference (in case you did not see it in the past), here are some screenshots of my old design, before the refresh happened: