What term do you use for a "one-off element" when creating components?

over 5 years ago from , Four Kitchens — Creative Director

I like to use component-driven design (aka atomic design). Every project has components that are unique exceptions to the patterns (usually an element on the home page).

I've heard these being called "snowflakes" because every snowflake is unique. This is a term that I generally use. However, I'm about to work with on a project where the term "snowflake" has additional meaning that distracts from the design discussion.

Are some alternative terms that can be used?