No favicon... site is literally unusable... /s
Just kidding, its refreshing to see a site redesign that isn't just a Stripe clone.
Lovely looking site.
50 upvotes and 2 comments though? voting ring!?!?!
Yeah, was equally confused about that.
Metalab is owner of DN so that's the reason.
Not really... Metalab and DN are both owned by https://tiny.website
Since you guys profess to make interfaces, here is a list of some minor inconsistencies related to IA and interactions.
- The project lists shows a strong hover to the right along with a right arrow. This implies direction but upon click you have fade transition to the next page.
- The "<- Menu" button also implies direction back, but you use a fade transition. Leaving out the arrow would be more appropriate.
- If I'm in a project and I click the "Let's Chat" button, I get a page with a "X Close" button. That would lead me to believe I can close this page and be right back where I was. That's not the case because "X Close" always goes back to the home page.
- If I go to a project, scroll to the bottom, click "Home", and then click back via browser I get a blank white page for 4 seconds.
- When I get to "Home" at the bottom, the down arrow rotates up which implies a typical pattern of scrolling up. Some of the site navigation is housed in buttons, which adds to the confusion.
- When I get to the bottom of a project page, I can force-scroll and see a peek of the homepage, which is a tiny bit frustrating because I'm led to try it a few times.
- If I'm in Careers and click on a position, I see a section of the page briefly and then get scrolled to the top. I then have to scroll down to where I was because the interaction implied a starting point. Somewhat confusing behavior for a simple webpage.
I welcome a debate on these points. Besides these minor quibbles it's a beautiful website.
Transitions are great. How'd they do it?
Love it. Easy to use. Somehting similar i had in mind for a new turn on my website. Just way easier to use. I love the back button.
I like the simplicity of the home page.
I also noticed the missing favicon. I'm curious to know if that's a deliberate choice to go with the minimalist design or just a mistake.
This is awesome work!