Umm... You kinda lost me lost me at:
- "THE FIRST RULE OF OUR MARATHON IS: "YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT OUR MARATHON""
- "CAN’T CATCH UP, BUDDY? GET OUT"
- "If you don’t fulfil a task, you leave and you lose the right to access the materials of the course."
- "We reserve the right to reject anyone without explaining the reasons." - Not really friendly, are we? :)
- White sleazy looking male in suits stock photos that I guess are supposed to represent success?
Maybe I just don't get what the "marathon" target audience is supposed to be but the way you're selling it sure as hell doesn't appeal to me :/
Sorry, didn't want to rant below the article, as it's clearly selling something else than the event, but the way you presented the event kinda ticked me off :)
Thank you a lot for the comment. We'll review some of these points for our future events :)
I'm not sure you'll get a very warm reception on a site full of professional designers for an article targeted at people who don't already know how to design a simple website and were too lazy to spend 15 minutes figuring it out for themselves.
Thank you for your feedback Matt, but this course is not about building your website. It's about opening your Web Studio (if you're already web designer:)
"Lesson 1: create websites semicolon for some reason" Yea, I'm sure this is a lesson for helping professional craftsmen excel at their craft. And not some transparent scheme to sell shitty templates via templatemonster.com.
Can do it in 4, with custom made design (no template).
It's an educational marathon :)
Can teach a design process at the same time :).
#shamelessplug;p But in all seriousness, the book looks interesting. Any word on a release date?
Couldn't help it. Sorry :)
Going out on Q3 of 2018.