I've been working as a web/graphic designer for a few years now. I have some time free at the moment and I feel like I can get more out of myself by doing some actual work instead of senseless Dribbble shots.
I'm not asking how to get freelance projects. But more on how do you handle them? I have a few questions that I do not know how to approach them.
I've been asked before to do some projects but mostly turned them down as I don't really know how to handle them. Aside from work from people that I've met in real life.
- How can I know the person I'm dealing with is trustworthy (obv. googling them first)?
- How much should I charge? I'm thinking about €15-20 / hr ($18-25/hr).
- Do you ask an advance payment before starting a project?
- How do you send your design work, fill it with watermarks for example?
- What if the person doesn't pay you for your hard work?
I am looking for some advice and tips and tricks from people that have done some freelancing and know how to handle these situations.
Thanks a lot.