I recently bought a macbook pro 15 (2017) with the latest spec on Amazon. The laptop had a price cut with a whopping 400£. After a month I noticed why it was low priced. The laptop had a yellow tint on it. All the whites were actually yellow and the greens appeared florescent brightness. I just returned the item and hoping to get my refund.
Anyway, now I need a new macbook but I'm in between the models.
I'm a UI/UX designer and working with Sketch, Affinity Designer, Photoshop, principle and illustrator etc. I plan start learning 3d for hobby in the spring. Probably cinema 4D but I have no 3d experience.
Oh, I also play Dota :)
So, like I've said, I'm in between models which are; 13 Inch, 15 inch 2.8 and 15 inch 2.7. Here are my long list of concerns :)
- Do I still a gfx card for my professional needs in 2017? (In terms of UI UX design, not 3d)
- Let's assume I need a gfx card, does 450/460 or 550/560 really have a performance difference?
- Does 0.1 GHz difference really do matter? (There are 2.8 and 2.9 CPU speeds on 15 models with a huge price difference)
- does quad core (15 inch) and dual core (13 inch) really have a performance difference?
- Do you think 2016 refub models is a still a good purchase then 2017 models? Is those all kaby lake sky lake buzzwords really worth to listen? It sounds like pretty much marketing to me.
Optional question: do you think it would be a good idea if I play dota2 occasionally on mb13? :)
Looking forward for your answers!
Edit I forgot to mention, the reason I'm considering 13 Inch, because of the portability. I'm tired of carrying 15 inch macbook on my back for years.