was so confused when the photoshop splash screen popped up.
I get what they are trying to do here, but everything about this site is super-confusing.
- The adobe animation at the beginning takes to long to get to the coming soon page. I had no idea what was happening.
- I wanted to click into their portfolio, but could only drag it—everything in that row looks clickable, but only the tiny link at the bottom is.
- More cursor weirdness. It's set to text, but I cannot select or type anything. Instead it changes the background color.
- I can see customers now, but a wand appears over those divs. Apparently the wand opens the customer's site. That's not what I was expecting.
- The typing text animation on the bottom is in a container pushes the contact info below it up and down.
- When trying to select an address or email to copy and paste I end up just drawing a line through it.
I'll go back to yelling at kids to get off my lawn now.
Attempt to scroll … click close button.
I like the concept, although on a slower internet connection it was just a usability nightmare.
One thing I don't understand (and not meaning this in any negative sense), but if you have an existing website, why pull it down to replace it with a coming soon splash screen? Surely leaving the existing page up would be doing more for the business?
I immediately pressed cmd+alt+esc