I'm thinking of creating a site that links to bullshitfree design articles.
What the site would link to
- Articles that are sincere, meaningful, informative and useful.
What it wouldn't link to
- Articles written for content marketing: This probably will automatically leave out most if not all content from sites like invision, webflow, marvel, medium and the ilk.
- Articles written to fulfill the monthly quota of product companies or design agencies.
- Me too articles, the ones with regurgitated content.
- Pointless listicles
- Articles about trends
- Articles that beats a dead horse
- Articles that are controversial for the sake of it
- Sponsored content
- Readers would be able to submit links
- I wouldn't be under any pressure to post a set number of links daily or weekly. I'd post only when I see a quality article.
- I would never try to monetize it; So you'd never see sponsored content or ads.
- The selection process depends on a single human curator; so the criteria depends on what he (i.e. I) considers bulshitfree or not. So, it's inherently subjective.
- Separating the wheat from the chaff is too taxing and time consuming for a single person.
However I think the challenges are less problematic when compared to that of voting. I'd like to hear DN community's thoughts, suggestions and advice.