Would you mind sharing your favorite podcasts and why?
Always followed https://drt.fm/ - They've had some pretty cool guests on there and talk about a pretty wide variety of topics.
- Mac Power Users - Getting more out of your Apple products
- Overtime - Dribbble podcast (interviews)
- Open for BUsiness - Building a business from the ground up
- Nice To Meet You - Interview with creatives by Tobias van Schneider
- Design Matters with Debbie Millman - Design discussion, interviews and other things
- Does Not Compute - Lives and workflows of modern web developers
- Makers - Podcast by the people who made Unsplash
- DRT - Dorm Room Tycoon - "Interviewing the world’s most influential innovators."
- Hired. - "Work life, company culture, & hiring."
- Hello Internet - CGP Grey and Brady Haran talks :D
- Ctrl-Walt-Delete - Tech discussion from the The Verge
- Accidental Tech Podcast - "Three nerds discussing tech, Apple, programming, and loosely related matters."
- Ask a Freelancer - "A podcast series where experienced freelancers answer questions about freelancing."
I love their crowdsourced intros. :D
For Design stuff, Design Details is great. Discussions about all stuff design.
Good Bad Show is fun and will always lead to some great discussions. Two guys discussing whether things are good or bad is surprisingly interesting.
Big up for Design Details my favourite podcast! Make it stand out a bit more with a massive image XD
A better fan than I'll ever be
radiolab.org is like crack
- 99 Percent Invisible: Because it's a very interesting design related podcast that almost always thinking "TIL".
- Radio Diaries: Because I love compelling and engaging stories about the lives of strangers I'll never meet.
- Revisionist History: Because I enjoy the way Malcom Gladwell shines a spotlight on my assumptions and stereotypes about people and the way things work by showing me why me I'm wrong.
- Brant & Sherri Oddcast: Because they're funny, and I like to laugh.
- Presentable: Because this guy, and the people he interviews, know so much more about design than I do. Almost every episode I come away from the interview a better educated, more prepared designer.
- ESPN FC, Total Soccer Show, The Game, The Goalmouth, etc: Because I like soccer (Forza Inter!!) and want to know what's going on around the world in the sport.
Late Nights with Trav and Los is great! They talk about being a creative professional, it's also fun to listen to.
Thanks Martijn! Really happy to read that you like it :)
+1 on Travandlos
How I Built This (NPR) is great. It's basically interviews with founders of companies (Sam Adams, Instagram, Patagonia, etc.) on how they built their companies.
Also any of the Gimlet podcasts are good, though Reply All is the best.
TED Radio Hour is solid.
If you're into fiction, Tanis and Life After are good.
This American Life
any podcast from here https://gimletmedia.com/ But i like Reply All, Undone and Crimetown best.
Also check out http://snapjudgment.org/http://www.radiolab.org/http://freakonomics.com/ How I Built this (got a dope epi on Air BnB) http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this Embeded http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510311/embedded Invisibilia http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510307/invisibiliahttp://loveandradio.org/
I agree with this. Once I started listening to Gimlet and NPR produced show I found is super hard to go back to shows with just a couple people talking. They are entertaining and informative.
http://layout.fm/ Layout is a weekly podcast about design, technology, programming and everything else.
Working File is a new one that has caught my ear. Well produced, interesting topics, a diverse pool contributors. https://workingfile.co/
Comedy Bang Bang! http://www.earwolf.com/show/comedy-bang-bang/
I'd recommend listening to older episodes with Andy Daly, James Adomian, Nick Kroll, or Paul F. Thompkins to get into it. It's all improv.
Yep, the best :)
Hey Charlie, really enjoying Breadtime!
Thanks for listening! If you have any ideas for episodes we should do, please let me know.
I agree but Reply All takes the biscuit. Shame about Mystery Show.
- To the Best of Our Knowledge covers a wide range of themes, interviews are good.
- Bay Curious answers a lot of San Francisco related questions.
- Cool Tools is Kevin Kelly and Mark Frauenfelder geeking out about cool tools!
- Thomas Jefferson Hour is my all-time favorite after 8+ years of listening. The hosts attempt to discuss present-day topics and issues with an eye towards history, specifically Jefferson's time period.
- Philosophize This explains philosophical concepts.
- Theory of Everything is "connecting the dots, all of them."
- Srsly Wrong is anarchy but good fun.
Throwing Shade — They take on some current issues, politics, pop culture, etc. with soooooo much sarcasm. Makes me laugh every week. http://maximumfun.org/shows/throwing-shade
My favorite podcasts are:
- Let's make mistakes
- This Developer's life
- The changelog
- Developer Tea
- Fullstack Radio
- Inside Intercom
- Work in Progress by Slack
A while ago, I also wrote this article on some of my fav podcasts: http://usersnap.com/blog/web-development-podcasts/
What Is Wrong with UX and DN FM for design listening, Scroobius Pip Distraction Pieces for some quality interviews
Check out My Brother, My Brother and me
In no way design related, but those guys regularly make me laugh out loud in public.
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History! I've listen to the WW1 series at least 5 times.
This is a good collection of mainly UX design themed podcasts. But there are more than one web design heavy too, including the DN FM http://blog.debugme.eu/best-ux-podcasts/
Design Details recent best of 2016 series was very diverse in terms of theme selections.
I cant recommend Hi-Res Podcast enough, Philadelphia Based Designer Ryan Star Interviews Designer of varying backgrounds from the east coast in a long discussion format. As a designer thats not in NY or SF its a real refreshing and a little more genuine look then others I've heard.
NOTE: this is not to be confused with Jared Erondu's upcoming Video podcast. This has been around for the past 2 years and is filled with great designer interviews .
Design Matters all the way!
http://thewebahead.net/ - Jen Simmons' Podcast. Because she is amazing, pragmatic and sharp and sees the web industry as a whole like no one else does. Seriously, listen to this podcast if you do anything in the web. This is a must listen to.
http://shoptalkshow.com/ - all about frontend development and the web in general; They also do rapidfires, where they talk about and answer question that people send in. It is hosted by Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert.
http://5by5.tv/bigwebshow - Hosted by Jeffrey Zeldman. I should not have to say more.
There is also CodePen Radio which I like to listen to as well. For non-web-related stuff I listen to "Whats the tee" hosted by RuPaul and Michelle Visage and "Not too deep" hosted by Grace Helbig.
There is also the Designer News Podcast DN-FM, though I will probably not stay subscribed for much longer. I thought they would be talking about design related stuff, yet all they do is talk about startup business. Just not my thing.
One I would recommend is The GaryVee Audio Experience - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-garyvee-audio-experience/id928159684?mt=2
Thank you all your precious feedback. I now have years of listening to catch up :)
James Altucher - He has on some of the most interesting people and authors and by and far this show gets me thinking about all sorts of different things that I apply throughout my day and leaves me feeling more creative overall.
Uhh Yeah Dude!!!
Going since 2006.
I'm gonna plug my own podcast – Design Life. It's hosted by me and my female co host Charli Marie. We're 2 creative women who work in tech and talk about how we balance side projects on top of a full time job.
The Start is always a fun one. (I host it).
A bit about why - I've always found it interesting to learn the back stories of folks in our industries. Ends up being a bit more telling about who, why, how they produce work than "their process".
Other ones I enjoy
- Shop Talk Show - industry show with fun topics
- The Web Ahead - Jen Simmons is awesome
- The Big Web Show - Zeldman is awesome. (thanks to person who corrected this)
- Bigger Pockets - Real estate, nice change of pace.
- WTF Podcast with Marc Maron - hilarious and cool to learn about notable actors, comedians and artists
- Song Exploder - cool breakdown of popular songs
- Story Corps - super awesome show about obscure topics
- Tim Ferris Show (when he doesn't sound like a douche) - sometimes guests are cool
- Dinosaur Machines - fun podcast about video games!
couldn't agree more about Zeldman...that guy is incredible..
got a chance to meet him years ago at an AIGA conference in Miami..such a great guy.
"The Web Ahead" => Jen Simmons "The Big Web Show" => Zeldman
Glad someone found that.
These are my weekly listens at the moment:
Because these pods gives a good rundown of what's been going on lately with interesting commentary:
- Pod Save America
- Keepin' it 1600
- NPR Politics Podcast
Because of the interesting stories and the great storytelling:
- This American Life
- The Talk Show from Daring Fireball; Apple, tech.
- Accidental Tech Podcast; Apple, tech, cars
- Exponent; tech, marketing
- Mythcreant Podcast; writing, stories, roleplaying games
- Tim Ferris Show; learning, interviews with interesting people
- Under the Radar; a show about ios development
- Life After; radio play that is phenomenal.
Just finished Life After. Great podcast!
I listen to a fairly broad selection across business, design, tech, politics, comedy, etc. Some of my favorites:
- Do By Friday: Newish silly show with Max Temkin, Alex Cox and Merlin Mann
- Hello Internet: Smart and funny podcast with lots of diverse topics
- The Talk Show: Maybe the first podcast I ever started listening to?
- Harmontown: I go in and out of phase, but there are some truly brilliant episodes
- Common Sense: Smart and unusual perspective on politics
- Downloadable Content by Penny Arcade: Takes a minute to get into, but love hearing the process behind the two of them making each comic
- The Random Show: If you want to hear Tim Ferriss and Kevin Rose get goofy
- Recode Decode: Kara Swisher being a badass
- Thoroughly Considered: Really insightful show by Studio Neat a two-person product design company
- Bonanza: Non sequiturs galore
I also host a design/business podcast called Well Made.
a16z - discusses tech and culture trends, news, and the future. It features industry experts, business leaders, and other interesting thinkers and voices from around the world. They have Luke Wroblewski on the latest episode.
For front-end guys I made this list: "Top podcasts all front-end developers should follow".
The Changelog, Shoptalkshow, Hardcore History (not totally related but it's great)
Hello to Jason Isaacs