I'd rate it 10 pokémon cards and a bunch of daffodils.
BULLET POINT TIME
- At and estimated 6.5 inch, the screen seems small. (Source: ArsTechnica)
- Estimated size of controllers smaller than original NES.
- Hand held + docking ... I kinda love it
- Capcom? Square Enix? Activision? etc. Some huge names. Street Fighter? Mega Man? Count me in!
- Nintendo's IPs are mostly top tier games, quality-wise, I'm sure Zelda and Mario will deliver
- Specs won't be gargantuan, perhaps around WII:U level? Backwards compatibility?
I'd rate it a 7.8/10, possibly higher if backwards compatibility is a go. Solid concept, will have its own niche market and sell tons because it's the big N, but it's not for me, so deducting some points for that. Just not the target audience.
Looking forward to hearing more about the specs.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Tegra GPU is pretty quick, assuming it goes beyond Nvidia’s Shield tablet. I think they’ve mentioned it won’t play Wii and Wii U games initially? (Don’t quote me on that… I haven't searched for reference and I can’t remember where I read it.)
I'm concerned about backward compatibility because of the new cartridge system.
This is my concern. I wish the games were digital. I've purchased a few on my Wii U. Hopefully it's both?
Surely both, given that’s how the Wii U works? I think they’re just moving from DVD and download to cartridge + download.
Screen seems to be the perfect size. That's a whole inch up from my iPhone 7 Plus... probably the biggest possible size it can be if you want to put it in your pocket.
Though the Wii was always behind in terms of performance and graphics, you have to hand it to Nintendo. They're always thinking of new ways to game.
Plus I loved seeing Skyrim... Now just add in Star Wars Battlefront and I'll buy.
Though the Wii was always behind in terms of performance and graphics
Well...who cares? :D
Nintendo is not about performance, it's about experiences.
This looks pretty amazing, and well thought-out.
NOOO, not more cartridges!
I've been out of the console market for years, but... they surely got my attention.
I love this, it looks so fresh!