Hey DN fiends,
After experiencing some frustration with the icon discovery, sharing, and delivery process, I am exploring some potential solutions outside of things like Lingo and Dropbox. Apparently, other designers have experienced similar issues.
I'd love to dig deeper and get the community's thoughts around how people manage their icon assets. Fill out a quick 30 second questionnaire and comment with any additional thoughts. Thanks!
Update October 11, 2016
Thanks for the responses, all! If you've responded to the questionnaire, you can see a summary of >60 responses here
Summary of options from comments:
- Pulls from local folder structure
- Good for solo use
- Create sets, tags, export different sizes
- Might be a good collaborative option in pair with Dropbox
- Recently popular icon mgmt app to sync across machines
- Create sets, tags, export different sizes/formats
- Good for solo use and across teams
- Cloudsync capabilities
Design file (e.g. Illustrator, Sketch)
- Easy to update within design team
- No extra tooling required
- Difficult to search and filter down
Github, icon fonts, InVision Craft
FWIW We are trying to roll our own React web app to make things easier for both design and development. Still very early stage.