Having the ability to do all of this all within Sketch is truly a Game Changer! Great Tutorial man I can't wait to see how Craft keeps changing the game!
It really is. It even disrupts their own main prototype product from InVision.
Wish there was a web view for these prototypes, nice tutorial though.
Yeah. Hopefully, they release an easy way to share prototypes you create on Sketch. Thank you!
Yeah, they could add an "export to Invision" option.
I emailed InVision support about this a couple of weeks back and got a very vague answer about them taking feedback on it so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Seems crazy that this wouldn't be their main end goal.
That was one of the better walkthroughs of Craft—and there's definitely no shortage of them. It was easy to follow.
Thanks, Jesse :)
Looks great but also looks very likely to break with a Sketch update. I'm not sure I would want to depend on this for my daily work.
If this turns out to be so important, there is no reason to update Sketch as soon as it comes out. When a Sketch update comes out, just wait until Invision updates Craft and that's it.
I need to know, when can i use this!?!? :P
Hopefully it will be available for everyone soon :)
- Does this just mirror to your phone via Invision Viewer app?
- What if you want to send someone the prototype?
- How does this play with your normal Invision account? Is that entirely a separate experience? Do the screens automatically get uploaded to a project?
- Yes, that's how you use it for now. I don't know if they'll have a preview window for desktop in the future.
- Right now the prototypes only live on the “launchpad” of the mobile App. I couldn't find a way to share the prototype. Maybe that's just something that will be fixed when it's out for everyone.
- The prototypes I create with the plugin don't appear on my normal prototypes, so yeah, for now, it looks like it is a separate experience.
- The screens get mirrored while you're designing and have the iOS viewer plugged in. Here's a Screenshot of the launchpad
Surely the "preview window" for desktop would just be the regular Invision link opened in a web browser?
All this does is let you set up an Invision prototype (which exists on the web) from within Sketch, I believe.
So excited for this! Being able to prototype from Sketch it's like a dream. Thanks Pablo for sharing this great tutorial. Very helpful!
Source File of the sketch file used in the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/evnuve129pe18ae/craft-prototype.sketch?dl=0