Billy and Privacy need to join forces and create an app that manages subscriptions and uses virtual credit cards.
I had no idea about Privacy — what a genius idea.
Hello, congrats on launching this. This is exactly something I've been looking for!
I have few comments:
1) It would be really helpful if you could change the currency for subscriptions. I pay Netflix in Euros, Skillshare (please add this too!) in USD and Creative Cloud in CAD etc.
2) There seems to be something wrong with inputting the amount. I had to fight a while to get my CC subscription up to 50 euros because it kept registering it as 5,00. And 9,99€ (or other fractions) is impossible as well – its either 9,00 or 10,00.
Anyway, great job guys!
Like the app as well and struggle with the exact same problem. What did you do to get it right?
Hey guys I'm the creator of Billy, thanks for the kind words, we're really glad you like Billy!
Regarding the support of different currencies, this is something we're working on. Imagine that it's really hard to support all valuta's and to calculate the actual price. If you follow us on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/getbilly) we'll keep you posted!
Yeah, this is a well known bug, it has something to do with your region. You should be able to add more than one decimal. We've fixed it and an update is on it's way!
Looks awesome, great job so far!! Maybe adding the feature to change the order of the items after adding them ;)
Hey Bob, thanks, really glad you like it!
Currently subscriptions are displayed based on the due date, but we're looking into a feature that allows you to sort subscriptions on different ways!
Please add TouchID security option!
Just installed and added most of my subscription payments. I liked being able to add a decent amount before being asked to pay to unlock more- gives you a good taste of the app.
Might complicate the interface significantly, but the ability to set custom text colour and background colour would really open up the branding possibilities. I've already hit the my visual-scan limit.
Another vote for multiple currency, even if the first rollout doesn't do the conversion (which I know isn't trivial to do) and simply indicates it on the frontend eg have a USD badge next to the amount.
You need a fitness/gym related icon. Gym memberships are common
The ability to use an image as an icon (albeit rasterised) would allow you to crowd source what popular services you should be working on to support.
A few of my services bill fortnightly. There's little reason not to add this and weekly
I can see how down the road you would leverage API integration to reduce the setup time. But as an MVP I think this is successful, it's worth the benefit for me to take the time to input each service.
This is awesome. I like the simplicity, upgraded to unlimited 'adds' straight away.
Saying that, I kinda needed exactly this thing at the right time. But good luck and hope the app goes well!
I'm the creator of Billy, thanks for the kind words, we're really glad you like Billy!
Being simple and straightforward was exactly the thing we where aiming for, as most of these apps are bloated with features.
If you have have any questions or feedback how to make Billy even better we would love to know!
We just pushed an update that fixes a bug where users could only enter one decimal when entering the price of a subscription. Be sure to update to the latest version!
what's up with the name/squirrel?
Are you planning to add bank login functionality to automatically pull recurring subscriptions?
Also loving Billy so far as well :D
I did wish I could mark as either a personal or business subscription though. I know I could just get the calculator out, but I did think that would be handy.
and maybe drag to rearrange... just sayin'
┌[ ◔ ͜ ʖ ◔ ]┐
nice little app. I recommend for the user to be able to choose the color white again after accidentally choosing a color. Also more colors and icons would be nice (such as beige).
Oh neat, this is exactly the kind of app I actually need :)
First of all - this is awesome! I've been looking for something like this for a while. Great job guys.
A few things that would be really great (and have been mentioned before):
1) Change currency for my subscriptions. Most of my subscriptions are set in USD and then calculated to my native currency, which is SEK, when my credit card gets charged. 2) I would love to set my native currency from the settings menu. My main reasoning behind this is so that my non-native subscriptions would automatically be calculated in the detail view or somewhere else.
I've been on the Test Flight of Billy. It's really cool!
Some feedback that I wasn't able to send to the Test Flight email.
- I wish that the icons were better coloured. The grey doesn't sit well against some of the brighter colours.
- Changing of currencies for individual subscriptions.
- Typo on the *EA Access default subscription.
- Why is iCloud at the bottom of the list? Lowercase
- Needs more phone providers; EE for example ;)
Otherwise, I love Billy. Everything is in there :)
...O2 as a phone provider too ;)
Hey James *2,
Thanks for the reply! Got some valid arguments there, I'll try to answer them as best as possible:
- We've tried to make sure all colors work in combination with white text, do you mind sharing the services that look a bit unfortunate?
- Yes, this is definitely something on our backlog!
- Whoops, typo slipped through, will fix it!
- Yeah, we're showing the services alphabetical, but I completely understand that you wouldn't expect iCloud to be at the bottom of the page.
- Definitely agree on the providers, we're really curious to learn from our users, so if you have any services you think that should be listed in Billy please let us know, we'll make sure to add them to the app :) (email@example.com)
Great app! Having multiple currencies would make it perfect for me.
Yeah, I want that feature myself as well haha! We're currently looking into how we can make this as smooth and easy as possible, as we're dealing with lots of different valuta's that need to be accurate at all times.
This is a real nice idea. However, I'd push your team think about automatically pulling in subscription details using the vendor's API. The current UX relies too heavily on the user having to 'set up' all their subscriptions which is pretty time intensive.
Thanks for your reply! Actually, our goal is to make Billy smart so that the user input will be reduced to the bare minimum. We launched Billy as an MVP which allows us to learn from our users.
I absolutely agree that we need to make sure that users don't have to add subscriptions manually, but this is something we'll work on and improve along the way!
This is baller. I hope this picks up steam and sees support for android one day
No Android :(
Really A Great App
At a glance of my homescreen, the icon really looks like Tinder. Already had 2 people ask me about it! Still, great app and that keeps it nice and simple.
Great work, guys!
Overall this is a great start… The first addition I'll suggest would be a way to filter the subscriptions view, IE change the order beyond what's next due to see highest or lowest amounts due (also a quick option to display the annual or weekly billings to a per month format to compare) and possibly options to view subscriptions in groups by categories (entertainment vs business tools etc.)
The second addition would be some sort of subscription assessment where you could quickly survey which ones aren’t worth the relative value spent to help make decisions of subscriptions to cut when you are looking to tighten your budgets. This could be a great in app purchase feature for users with this specific need.
I really love Billy. It's great. Good work. Keep em coming. No Complaints.
Love the simplicity and how easy-to-use the app is. Upgraded to Pro straight away. However, I recommend adding more colors (white, black) and more icons (like domain, mobile phone, etc).