The Creative Cloud app does all manner of nonsense that nobody wants. One of the many reasons I cancelled.
Remember when you just installed software and ran it, without a nanny app that checked up on you to ensure you were doing everything according to the rules? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Thank you! This happened to me today and I had no clue what's causing it, thought my drive failed!
Me too. I'm curious/impressed how Backblaze figured out it was Creative Cloud that was deleting the files.
What the actual fuck! I thought I was hacked or something.
Wow, this happened to me. Good thing it just deleted the Backblaze folder, what if that first folder contained important data?! On my way to delete Adobe CC…
When did this CC update ship? What version is it?
So if I understand this correctly, Adobe CC is deleting Backblaze backups? Or is this hidden folder what triggers the backup to initiate? Either case, 'no bueno'.
Adobe CC deletes the contents of the first hidden folder (alphabetically), but it happens to be that for many people, that folder is the Backblaze one. It should contain a unique identifier to help Backblaze remember which hard drive it's backing up, so when it's deleted, it causes issues.
Edit: It appears it deletes the contents of the first folder (whether that folder is hidden or visible). Even more ridiculous.
Thanks for the clarification.
No problem :)
Cancelled my account just two days ago. As if the world is telling me I did the right thing. How does this even ship? :/
I'm in the same boat! So glad I canned CC about a week ago, it seems I made the right call. After 13 years of Adobe, it was a surprisingly easy decision.
Looks like I picked the RIGHT week to remove all Adobe products from my computer.
I haven't confirmed this, but my theory for Adobe having placed this code in the CC app is to remove a folder starting with ".adobe"..., assuming it would be the first item as it starts with an "A".
Could be wrong. Either way, if they mean to delete something, the filename should be explicit.
I don't have automatic updates enabled on the Adobe Software. But after 3 months or so I decided to update Illustrator to the latest version and BAM, backblaze stopped working. Perfect timing from my part :-) Happy it could be fixed fairly easily.