First time poster - so be gentle!
I've been on an internal marketing design team for the past three years and I've collected a lot of questions along the way. Was hoping that the DN community could help me clear some of this stuff up.
- What are some of the titles in your team (Jr Designer, Designer, Sr. Designer, Art Director, Creative Director)?
- Number of people on your team?
- Do you have clear career growth plans?
- How does the team split up the work?
- Do you have mini teams of designers that work on their speciality (print, web, ux, etc.) or is it just a free-for-all?
- How is internal client communication handled?
- What's your project management tool of choice? (Basecamp, Asana, Trello, Wrike, etc.)
- Do you feel like your project management tool of choice caters well to being an internal design team?
- Is the team able to work on self-initiated projects or is the whole team focused on serving internal clients. If you are able to, what mechanism do you use to carve out time to work on those projects (e.g. Creating a design asset library, UX pattern library, working in high level branding for the company, etc.)