The .news top level domain will be available on Wednesday July 15th. Could be a cool alternative to the .co tld for Designer News.
I prefer designernews.diamonds
+1 to designer.news, I think it would be an appropriate alternate domain name.
How about news.design?
This would be really nice for auto-fill in the browser.
I still type "news" into the address bar and enjoy watching "http://news.layervault.com" auto-populate.
I also do this. Can't get used to typing designernews.co
+1 Still so used to it.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the new TLDs and don't really see them catching on.
I agree that I don't really like them either, as they can be confusing and for most web properties they don't work as the everyday lay-person doesn't understand TLDs. But, in some cases it does work, at least for techcentric crowds like DN. And heck, part of the necessity at this point to buy danged alt TLDs is because you can't buy a friggin .com with the name you want anymore.
Only TLD I'm waiting for is
.app. Outside of that I'm in the same boat.
Google now owns that TLD :(
Yep, I'm very aware. Google is also the Domain provider for 8 of my domains and I'm on their announcements so when they actually decided to turn it on; I'll be there.
I want .api as well ¯_(ツ)_/¯
That would be a good one as well. I'm working my way out of building backend systems and trying to stay on the app side, but if I was still a system/dev ops engineer, I would probably be excited about
I'd wait until there are couple of successful projects hosted on one of those extensions
designernews.horse is still the winning choice for me.
DesignerNe.ws is also a not bad one IMO.
You should have waited, purchased the domain then sold it to them.
I think that domain name will be quite in demand.
Probably so, it seems like someone typically is already setup to buy every tld for words like "design" and "designer".
Is it okay if I go ahead and say I can't stand people who buy domains and don't do anything with them! (including myself)
Why not both? :D
Sounds pretty Cool.