Say Hello to Designer News 2.0
over 7 years ago from Andrew Wilkinson, Publisher of Designer News
Just over a month ago, I wrote about becoming the proud new publisher of Designer News. Since then, I’ve hired an awesome team and we’ve been working through a redesign that we think you’re going to love. It’s a first step, there’s a lot of stuff on our list, but we wanted to share our process and get the community's feedback as we go.
Some of the great new improvements we’ve made:
- An all new look and feel. Retina optimized, fully responsive for any screen-size, and completely rebuilt from the ground up.
- Beautiful new weekly digest and registration emails.
- Stories now have a slick, more obvious Upvote button. Try clicking it ;-)
- The ability to add your company logo to job listings.
- Hovering over a user’s name or avatar now displays details about their account (Karma, activity, where they work, etc).
- The avatar designer has been rebuilt and has some fun additional functionality (right-click to reverse and CMD-click to erase).
- Viewing the markdown cheatsheet is now much easier on story pages.
- Hundreds of other small tweaks :-)
There are still a couple rough edges here and there, but we’re really excited about where Designer News is headed. We’ve still got a long way to go, and we’ve got a big list of features we want to add, but we’re feeling really good about where things are at.
We’re all really excited, and look forward to hearing from everyone and continuing to grow the Designer News community. Also keen to hear your feedback and suggestions, so please leave them below and we’ll reply ASAP.
-Andrew (+ Jody, Max, and Farzad)
Login to Comment
You'll need to log in before you can leave a comment.Login
New accounts can leave comments immediately, and gain full permissions after one week.Register now