I'm getting a little antsy to travel again, and was wondering if anyone knows of Designer Exchange programs for stipend and room & board.
You have many options:
- You can trade your services for accommodation, food, travel expenses etc. here https://www.worldpackers.com
- Organised travel with other hackers/designers/entrepreneurs http://www.hackerparadise.org
- Similar to Hacker Paradise http://www.remoteyear.com
- You can find a Remote job here - http://remoteok.io (it scans all job-websites for remote jobs)
- Organised trip to Spain and Portugal (co-working & co-living included) http://sende.co/sende-trip/
- If you're into surfing - http://www.thesurfoffice.com
- Co-Living (only in Bali for now) - https://nomadhouse.io
- Co-Living (still pre-launch) - http://www.thecaravanserai.co
Lemme know if you need more. I'm nomadic by myself (lived in Lisbon and Bucharest until now, currently in Paris) and I started kinda HN for nomads, you can find some content about how to start and get some inspiration: http://nomadler.com
P. S. My advice - if you don't mind to travel solo and you're independent enough, organise your trip by yourself and don't go to these co-living things.
Good luck! :)
This is so great!!! Thanks so much! Was actually looking for stuff like this recently!!
Why don't you pick up some remote freelancing gigs and go wherever you want.
I spent the past 5 years living in Latin America. With the cost of living down there it would be easy to get by with as little as a few hours a week of freelance work.
You mean like http://www.hackerparadise.org but for a specific company?
Anything that would get me on the road, even volunteer projects would be cool.
Worldpackers seems like the ticket for you, trade your services for X amount of time per week for food / board.
I went nomadic to travel Asia at the start of this year, any Q's feel free to get in touch!