What are the most useful ways you're using the wonderfully powerful IFTTT (https://ifttt.com/) app?
Perhaps not the most intriguing answer, but still really good recipes for me:
- RSS to iOS push on one certain blog. I really like to focus on getting better at one thing at a time, now: Funds and economics
- Time to iOS push. To twice a day remember to eat some healthy snacks
One thing to know is that I try to keep my iOS notifications to the minimum, so I disable them for most apps and then let IFTTT push the most important for me.
I upvoted your name and title.
My personal favourite is: Any new photo to my Instagram, then post that image to my twitter account with the same caption.
You can do that by pressing "Twitter" when you are posting it to Instagram..
Yes you can but the picture won't show in the feed, this recipe posts the Instagram picture as a native twitter picture :)
In that case this is brilliant.
I like to use IFTTT to centralize all my data from various services into Google Drive
I only use a couple:
iOS screenshot -> save to dropbox tagged in photo on facebook/instagram -> save to dropbox
Add BluRay movie release dates to Google Calendar
Record Recently Sold Homes from your ZIP code to Google Drive Spreadsheet
If my Nest drops below/above a certain temperature then notify me
Save new Dribbble/Instagram/Facebook pictures to Dropbox (including tagged in Facebook picture & Dribbble likes)
Notify me when LifeHacker's Download Round up is posted
Post Yahoo! Fantasy Football League Transactions or RSS Feed to Google Drive Spreadsheet (to create JSON API just for fun)
These are my fav.
• 4sq check-ins (now Swarm) to Google Calendar
• Organize iPhone screenshots in an iOS Photo album
• Save National Geographic Photo of the Day to DropBox
• Save all your Instagram photos to Dropbox
Regarding the first one, Sunrise already has the option to do this if you're looking for a reason to make the switch :)
Thank you @Sarah L.
I recently started using Sunrise, and i still don't know every feature of it. Meanwhile, i'll look for those you referred! :)
Big thanks! +1
I use it for
- Jawbone UP => Dropbox ( => DayOne) (https://ifttt.com/recipes/224961-daily-up-log-to-dropbox)
- Instapaper Highlight => Pinboard
- Reddit Save => Pinboard
- iOS Location => GDrive (To Track when I leave the office)
And other simpler stuff (Save Instagram photos, RSS to Buffer)
Someone didn't have much luck with answers to this question 2 months ago: https://news.layervault.com/stories/40675-ask-dn-favorite-iftttzapier-recipes
 You can see my answer there.