Designers: how do you best work with developers?
over 8 years ago from Jason Block, Front-End Developer at Trunk Club
Hi all! I know there are lots of people in different work environments and with different backgrounds. I'm really curious to hear about how designers and developers (if there is even a distinction between the two) in your organizations:
- Do you feel comfortable going directly into a codebase? Or better question: do you want to do that in the first place?
- What do you find is the most productive way to communicate a design to the rest of your team?
- As engineers, what can we do better when it comes to functioning in concert with designers?
- If you do find yourself in a codebase, what do you find most helpful in understanding how an application works? A styleguide? Comments? A simple walkthrough from an engineer?
- Who controls product discovery? Do the decisions come from on high, from your peers, or are you yourselves the ones driving that innovation?
Login to Comment
You'll need to log in before you can leave a comment.Login
New accounts can leave comments immediately, and gain full permissions after one week.Register now