Hi all! I know there are lots of people in different work environments and with different backgrounds. I'm really curious to hear about how designers and developers (if there is even a distinction between the two) in your organizations:
- Do you feel comfortable going directly into a codebase? Or better question: do you want to do that in the first place?
- What do you find is the most productive way to communicate a design to the rest of your team?
- As engineers, what can we do better when it comes to functioning in concert with designers?
- If you do find yourself in a codebase, what do you find most helpful in understanding how an application works? A styleguide? Comments? A simple walkthrough from an engineer?
- Who controls product discovery? Do the decisions come from on high, from your peers, or are you yourselves the ones driving that innovation?