Loving it, it's superfast.
I'm sure you have some of this written down already but here's some stuff that annoyed me:
- Holding down the right mouse button is really weird, I feel like it's taking a lot of effort on my end. Have you tried it with a single click?
- Can't drag elements around.
- I zoomed out on a magic mouse and couldn't find where my drawings were again. Maybe the canvas size should be editable?
- Coloring would be nice.
Awesome job overall.
Also how about gearing this towards wireframing? I know I'd gladly pay $10 per month for something this fast with basic wireframing features.
Thanks for the feedback! This is actually something a friend of mine and I made over a weekend. We thought it was fun to play with and wanted to share it. We're glad to know a few people see some potential in it.
1) Single-click seems like a great idea, we'll probably try that. I think I got caught up in the novelty of hold-and-release. haha
2) Sorry about that! We're working on it, should be there soon.
3) Good idea!
4) Absolutely! We actually have the functionality for it (Om makes this easy: https://swannodette.github.io/2013/12/31/time-travel/) but we're having a little trouble with the logic. It's hard to figure out how to deal with conflicts in a collaborative environment. We should have it working soon though.
5) We're thinking of holding off on color for now. We like the idea of this being very lightweight and quick. We don't want to get lost in customization options (at least not yet). We like to think of it as a napkin sketch at the moment. Not using color in the drawings also enables us to do cool things with colors for collaborators in the same document.
We actually put this together with the intention of making low-fidelity wireframes, it's good to see you're interested in that. We're mostly annoyed with how much setup is involved with other wireframing tools so we wanted something that we could quickly draw on and then show each other.
We fixed the right-click menu and added dragging over the weekend. Dragging was easier to implement than we expected, we should have done that sooner. Thanks again for the feedback.
Nice tool! Apart from the feedback below it would be nice to keep the sketches aligned on the grid. In the current build; if I scroll the background and content move separate. Keep up the good work!
Oops, fixed the grid not scrolling!
Building svg with React.js is kind of a pain because it silently drops svg properties it doesn't know about. In this case it was dropping patternTransform.
Nice :-) Also; shift + drag on a object to lock both the X and Y property to make a equal value for example a perfect circle or square would add a lot of value in a tool like this.
Looks good! I like the simplicity of this tool.
Btw when left sidebar is opened my cursor position is on right of my mouse. Try to draw something when sidebar is opened.
I wish there was another way to open the radial menu, holding right-click feels clumsy on a laptop trackpad. A key press would be ideal, how about spacebar?
Looks cool! Could you add CTRL + click for us old school mac users?
Hi , For an added awesome include shortcut keys to open a tool .