Release notes, for those of you not using Facebook:
- Fixes a bug where text could disappear or appear cut off during editing
- Fixes a possible crash during exporting
- Fixes a bug where the Inspector could shrink after opening color popover
- Fixes a bug where pasting an image from another document could have it end up in the wrong artboard
- Fixes a bug where Wacom tablets could cause problems with Text Editing
- Fixes a bug where copying image files from the finder could pick their icon, instead of the contents of the file itself
- Layout an Square Grid are now two separate overlays which can be enabled at the same time and can be on or off per artboard
- Fixes a bug where pasted text could appear at semi-random locations on the canvas
- Fixes a bug where snapping with the vector tool in an artboard would be inaccurate
- Fixes a bug where editing shapes would not work when the grid was visible
- Fixes the inaccurate description tag in SVG export
- Fixes a bug where slices dragged from the export preview would be in the wrong format
- When opening an existing document any existing empty documents will be closed in the process
- Uppercase and Lowercase commands work on subranges of text now as well
- Fixes a bug in The View › Show Slices and View › Show Layers menu item
- Fixes a bug where text attribute might not sync to other text layers during text editing
- Fixes a bug in crash reporting
- Scripting: Redesigned scripting window with output logging for easier debugging
- Scripting: Adds a command to run the last script again
thank you. now I can export svgs without successive crashes :D
Thanks for fixing some huge frustrations. I was wondering when you guys were going to release the update for non-App Store purchasers.
Soon. We're moving some things around in our server, and updating will take a bit (we'll try to get it up as soon as we possibly can : )
Are all the changed listed here fixed in 3.0.4 beta?
They should be. Is that not the case for you?
I just wanted to make sure if I downloaded 3.0.4 beta right now I'd get 3.0.3. Couldn't wait for you guys to release to your server :-)
3.0.4 is running pretty well.
Thank you for fixing bullet #1!
Thanks for fixing #1 and #3, both were driving me nuts.
Was seriously considering moving back to Photoshop for web design as a result of bullet 1 and a few others. This is encouraging. There are still several things bothering me that may yet cause me to switch back.
"Fixes a bug where copying image files from the finder could pick their icon, instead of the contents of the file itself"
Yayyuhhh. Love that fix. Thank you.
Love the frequency of updates, squashed a number of bugs that have been a bit problematic last few days. Love these guys!
Just to highlight how great these guys are, the other day I asked them if there was a shortcut to activate "Click-through when selecting",
they answered no.
I asked if it was planned?
30 minutes later, they come back with a plugin to make it happen. Made my day :)
We've had a blast developing prototype extensions for Sketch. Choosing cocoascript as the underlying scripting language and exposing the whole obj-c runtime (more or less) has made it really fast to build things that would have been a major headache in other programs.
Also, it's a fantastically designed tool, the team was super nice (got to meet them at their wwdc meetup!), and they're very focused. Cheers on the new release!
Is it true that upgrading to 3.0.3 will reset layout grid values to default?
It happened to me. I was annoyed.
Not only did my grid reset, but it is no longer centered in the document???
Sketch was crashtastic yesterday on OSXX, lets hope this makes it better :). Thanks guys.