I've been using Atom for the past month, trying to see if there are better options out there since I was trained on Sublime. After the month was over, I finally decided to switch back to Sublime.
Here are a few things I love about Atom:
- the highlighting integration with git
- the preferences pane and easily being able to check, add or turn off plugins
- the surprisingly large plugin library
- multiselect. searching for exact groups of characters gets confused if there are parens, quotes or other symbols before or after the grouping. frustrating.
- grid view. it took me a while to find it, but not being able to control the size of each pane is annoying.
- auto-open files on click. i didn't think this would be an issue, but when just aimlessly perusing a directory, i'd find myself with dozens of tabs open.
Here are the thing I hate (or things that Sublime does way better:
Anyone else have an opinion? I'd be curious to see what other IDEs people use if neither of these.