When I set up my Windows computer, I had the chance to take another look at the shell I'm using. The three main ones out there are Bash, Zsh, and Fish.
I knew of Bash. I used Zsh previously. But how would Fish fare? I've heard great things about it, so I tried it out.
I want to share which one I chose and how I went about setting it up.
What you'll learn:
- What's the difference between Bash, Zsh, and Fish
- What shell I'd recommend you choose (if you're starting out).
- Why I ended up choosing Zsh (even though it's not what I recommend ðŸ¤)
- How to make Zsh have auto suggestions and syntax highlighting like Fish.
- Finally, get a one-command install script for installing Zsh!
Here's the article again. Enjoy!
Stay awesome, Zell