It's been a very long time there was not major feature added to the tool. So I am Wondering if it will be soon discontinued.
- Version 5.3 released Jan 09, 2019
- Version 5.2 released Dec 17, 2018
- Version 5.1 released Oct 26, 2018
- Version 5.0 released Oct 24, 2018
- Version 4.7 released Oct 13, 2018
- Version 4.6 released Oct 03, 2018
- Version 4.5 released Sep 21, 2018
- Version 4.4 released Sep 12, 2018
- Version 4.3 released Sep 06, 2018
- Version 4.2 released Aug 31, 2018
- Version 4.1 released Aug 30, 2018
- Version 4.0 released Aug 29, 2018
And version 5.4 is listed on the Principle version history page, so I assume that will be released soon.
There’s been TONS of good updates recently to Principle.
In the changelog I mostly see fixes and minor additions. So I am afraid the product is in a maintenance phase more than development.
I believe it is still being very actively developed.
If I remember correct, there was just one guy who was working on the development of Principle. Still he's doing pretty much amazing job delivering such stable application.
I don't think it's going anywhere.
It's weird cause on top of being a great tool, a lot of designers love it...
the guy himself is also a designer. he knows basically what a designer needs. that's why it's a great tool. Wish I could design straight in principle. I'd ditch sketch within in a second.
Major features don't come as quickly just because of the small development team. They are still super responsive support-wise. Love Principle!