Ever thought about designing a different way to buy and sell homes, from the ground up? Here’s your chance.
Aalto, the private real estate marketplace, is looking to hire its first full-time designer.
The fact is it’s a hassle to sell and buy a home. You will lead the design efforts of Aalto’s product and services to change that. If you find joy in the underlying psychology, motivations, and paradoxes at play in such high-stakes decisions, this may be the role for you.
What you’ll do
- Build a premium technology brand, one of only a small handful, that invites and extends into the offline lives of its users
- Lead all Product Design efforts while having the opportunity to think like a Product Manager, identifying the most elegant solution for the multi-faceted challenges at hand
- Produce top-quality, tasteful visual designs for a premium product with attention to interaction design
- Maintain the design system for the Aalto product and brand elements
- Lead the design of mobile experiences that consumers love
- Participate in 30-minute user interviews with several times per week to ensure that we’re correctly prioritizing and solving their most significant problems
You probably have
- 6+ years’ experience as one of the first lead designers at a fast-growing technology company
- At least some experience at a brand-driven company known for making its customers feel something deeply
- A deep respect for your users and get upset whenever anyone badmouths them
- An appreciation for well-designed, premium (not necessarily luxury) products and experiences
- An intuitive sense of the design/implementation balancing act in respecting usability, accessibility, and performance
- An ability to proactively design and drive various projects, as needed reacting to curve-ball requests such as marketing materials (still, when possible, we try to minimize context-switching)