As some other users commented the site is very slow and has a lot of errors in the console. Apart from that plenty of things that I think could be improved, and this is just from the homepage...didn't bother to look any further:
- the site is not prepared for high pixel density displays (aka. retina screens): try using .svg for the icons (with a .png fallback) or icon fonts. On my macbook pro it all looks very blurry.
- on scroll the fixed header is huge and takes up too much screen real estate
- overuse of icons: eg. next to the titles for "shanthi home loans" and "personal loans" those calculator icons are just clutter
- pagination links jump around on hover, it's not a nice effect
- old school buttons with super rounded corners and thick dark shadow is unpleasant to me
- headers in the news slider are squashed up against the pale yellow background
- inconsistent use of colours, if blue = link then don't use the same blue for a header that isn't a link. It will confuse your visitors.
- some of the inputs need some more horizontal padding
- scroll-jacking is an anti-pattern on a business site like this, might be acceptable on a design agency portfolio but not for a site like this aimed at general public
- responsive layout is broken: either do it right or make the width fixed but not something inbetween
There's some potential here and I appreciate that the designer tried to do something a bit different with the angled lines and bold colours which could work well but it needs a complete performance overhaul and more attention to small UI details.
Thank you very much for the detailed response. Really appreciate the breakdown. And I agree with much of what you have said. Just joined this team here and I was going through some of their work and saw this and I wondered how this passed off to a stage where they thought it was ready to go live. Hence why I figured I'd get some feedback on here and get your thoughts on this. Thank you once again.
You're welcome. Sounds like you need to put together a checklist for them of pre-requisites before going live!
Too slow, cannot review.
It took over a minute to load for me. In fact it's still loading images... can't really give much criticism when I can't see anything... :/
Thanks for the input. If you do get to check out the site (if it does load up) feel free to share your thoughts.
Would really appreciate if you could share your thoughts (don't hold back) on this site from the design to the overall usability and efficiency. This was created by the agency that I just joined.
Please just open the web inspector in Chrome (CMD+Opt+I) and check the console. There are so many errors, because some things want to load from your local computer. Also jQuery isn't loading properly and fix the loading speed for this page. Then there will be some people criticising this page properly. Otherwise it's not really possible.
Thank you for sharing some input. Highly appreciated.