This site is very pretty, but I went through three pages and the menu before I figured out that:
- There's more content beneath the interactive on the homepage
- That's where you buy stuff
Unless you're in the habit of checking to see if every page scrolls*, the perfectly-fitting initial screen on the homepage is very misleading.
(* I normally exercise this habit, but it looked so much like a full-screen interactive that this time I was completely fooled)
The 1-2 second delay where you couldn't scroll fooled me. Went back to try it out after reading your comment.
Beautiful site and all, but why does it take 4 seconds to navigate through each header-slide – with no feedback on the click? ಠ_ಠ
The 1-2 second delay where you couldn't scroll fooled me.
Ah, that must have been what happened!
It's a gorgeous set of layouts, but functionally it leaves a lot to be desired. Its need to be pretty is getting in the way of its usability.
Same here. Didn't notice it scrolled at all. Had to go back once I saw the comment. Was very confused about the purpose of the site.
I figured out it scrolled after I read your comment. But I agree, super pretty but it's abit too much.
UX is atrocious as others have mentioned. Definitely feels like someone combined all the cool codrops tutorials into one site and didn't think about making it actually useable rather than just pretty. Art vs. Design.
This was my first impression as well. Spam the latest Codrops/Codyhouse example effects and hope for the best.
That goddamn ding.
- Homepage slideshow doesn't advance when clicking arrows (number changes, but picture takes few more seconds). Super annoying :)
- Some items have no "Add to cart" button (e.g. Black bag). Thought that site is not fully launched yet. Checked other item and button was there. Maybe better idea would be to have disabled button with explanation if it's not available for purchase now/yet
- Haven't scrolled homepage until read comments here on DN
- (On slow connection) Clicking thumbnails in details page gives you no hint that something is loading. Thought something is broken (again), got image in my face after few seconds :)
- Talking about thumbnails: animations are not cancelled when mouse goes out, so if you pass all thumbs all at once, they all go crazy
- Multiple "loading" animations: at start/end you have blue line passing the screen (for decoration purposes only?) and then you get circle filling in when actual load starts. Why not keep single one? "Line" animation could loop until page is loaded or just stick with the circle alone. All these animations for animation sake just wastes user's time and makes site loading look slower. Third option would be to show "line" animation at the end of load only and don't show it before circle
clickdoesn't open link in new tab
- Pattern in checkout page steals all the attention from details that matter (intentionally? :D)
- When shopping you say "INCLUDING VAT, SHIPPING COSTS ARE CALCULATED IN THE NEXT STEP", yet going to next step says "SUBTOTAL EXCLUDING TAX & SHIPPING". Not sure when/where I'll see final price
- You should use
text-transform: uppercaseinstead of writing everything in capital case - more flexible and copied text looks proper everywhere (+ less trouble for content editors)
- Either there's only one bag of each color in stock, or site allows adding only one to cart. In both cases, you could show this by/instead of "Add to cart" button. This would prevent ugly
Think this is enough for starters :) Not sure what's your target audience, but looks like creator wanted to impress DN readers with fancy stuff without thinking much about end user. Form follows function ;)
You can scroll down?! -- took me a while to figure out.
I like it, but I think the sound is not necessary!
super annoying site. i don't think i'm in the demo though.
- This site is really good looking
- I like the subtle sound on hover
- Like most here I missed the scrolling at first
sweet underline effect!