Georgia State University's Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Online Education is looking for innovative Interactive Designer to work with our versatile multimedia production studio team in the development of innovative learning projects for Georgia State University. GSU is ranked the #3 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report and is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education.
What we are looking for -
Applicants for the position will be creative professionals with a strong visual & graphic design background with the ability to add interactive elements to create engaging course materials for courses. A developer/designer - one who knows design and a designer who knows some code.
Someone who thrives in a team environment; working with others to brainstorm ideas, offering feedback, and working on group projects. We have designers that specialize in Graphic Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, Video Production, and AR/VR all working together to create. We are looking for someone with the urge to stay curios who will try and learn new things.
What you will do -
Applicants for the position will be creative professionals tasked with conceptualizing, planning, producing, assessing, and continuously improving media projects for GSU courses and programs. As an Interactive Designer, you will work on our multimedia projects to envision how students experience learning and bring that vision to life in a way that feels innovative and inspirational. You will anticipate students' needs by deeply understanding them. You will make the complex simple. You understand that the details are not just details, they make the experience. You are well versed throughout the design process, from wireframes to high fidelity mockups or prototypes. You believe that you’ve done a great job as a designer when users do not notice your designs, it is invisible to them because it works.
· Apply human centered design principles and design innovative, elegant content & interactions for a diverse audience.
· Develop web content projects for departments and courses at GSU.
· Work with instructional designers and subject matter experts on converting complex data and concepts into innovative interactive infographics,
· Partner frequently with the graphic design and video production teams in the development of cohesive multimedia packages, including interactive videos.
· Solicit feedback from users, cross-disciplinary partners and stakeholders. You will give feedback and/or collaborate with instructional designers and subject matter experts on implementation.
· Experience with of willingness to explore work with data visualization software such as Tableau and Microsoft BI a plus.